DONALD S. McCORQUODALE, JR., Ph.D.
- B.S. - Biology, Florida Atlantic University, 1969, minor in Chemistry
- M.S. - Microbiology, Florida Atlantic University, 1971
- Ph.D. - Nova University Oceanographic Center, 1987
Spectrum Laboratories, Inc. Experience
Dr. McCorquodale founded Spectrum Laboratories, Inc. in 1973 and has
developed a broad-based analytical laboratory to handle a variety of analytical
and consulting problems. He now serves as president and microbiologist
with combined management and technical duties. He is also consultant to
various drainage districts and the Life Science program of the National
Aeronautics and Space Administration.
Prior to founding Spectrum Laboratories, Inc., Dr. McCorquodale was
a staff member in the Department ofbiological Science at Florida Atlantic
University, Boca Raton, Florida. He was the project microbiologist for
U.S. EPA research grant entitled "Biological Control of Aquatic Vegetation".
During his graduate work he functioned as principal investigator of microbiology
and blood chemistry under a fellowship for the Equine Research Foundation.
At Quincore Laboratories in Deerfield Beach, Florida, Dr. McCorquodale
was microbiologist and microbiology section chief, supervising and performing
microbiological testing of germicidal products. He is an adjunct
faculty member at Nova Southeastern University Oceanographic Center and
teaches a course in water pollution monitoring. He also teaches a course
in membrane filter techniques for the Florida Water and Pollution Control
Dr. McCorquodale is currently developing methods for indicators of fecal
pollution in marine water including coliphage and toxicity testing.
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Chemical Society
- American Water Works Association
- International Oceanographic Society
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- McCorquodale, D. S. 1988. Coliphage as an indicator of fecal pollution
in marine waters: Assay, validation, and application. 136pp., Diss. Abst.
Int., pt. B-Sci & Eng., vol 48.
- McCorquodale, D. S. 1987a. An assessment of indicator bacteria and
bacteriophage in surface waters and sediments of Biscayne' Bay. 89pp., Metro
Dade Technical Report, DERM.
- McCorquodale, D. S. 1987b. An assessment of indicator bacteria and
bacteriophage in surface waters and sediments of Biscayne Bay-Phase 111.
22pp., Metro Dade Technical Report, DERM.
- McCorquodale, D. S. 1987c. An assessment of indicator bacteria and
bacteriophage in surface waters and sediments of Biscayne Bay-Phase 11,
lia, Ilb. 56pp., Metro DadeTechnical Report, DERM.
- McCorquodale, D. S. And Curtis M. Burney. 1993. Biscayne Bay sewage
pollution indicators final report, contract No. C-3242, 82pp. South Florida
Water Management District.