What to do against chapped lips?
It is so much more pleasant to have beautiful, soft, smooth and healthy lips. Unfortunately, for all sorts of reasons, it often happens that we have chapped and dry lips. It is very common for dry lips, especially during cold periods, in winter
10-Trucs therefore presents 10 tips and remedies to stop having dry and chapped lips.
1. Yogurt and lemon juice for chapped lips
Did you know that yogurt is excellent against dry skin but also lips? Indeed, here is how to use this ingredient to treat dry lips:
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt.
- Mix the 2 ingredients well and spread a little of this homemade repair cream on chapped lips.
- Leave on for 30 to 45 minutes and rinse your lips well.
Thanks to this 100% natural remedy, your lips will be soft, soothed and much less dry.
2. Vaseline on the lips
When you have dry and chapped lips it is important to moisturize and protect them at the same time. Vaseline can therefore help you!
- Put a little Vaseline on the parched lips to make them soft and without chapping.
- Repeat as often as necessary to finally put an end to dry, chapped lips.
Vaseline is a natural remedy that you can use instead of store-bought lip balms.
3. Concoct a soothing lip balm
How about making your own lip balm? So I offer you my homemade lip balm recipe:
- Mix a teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of blueberry water.
- Then add 10 drops of sweet almond oil.
- Apply everything to chapped or simply dry lips.
In addition to making your lips smooth and soft, they will be delicately scented and tasty.
4. Put honey on the lips
If you don’t have time to whip up anything, just put some honey on your lips. They will be sweet and above all they will taste very good.
Honey is a good natural trick to treat dry and chapped lips quickly without having to go to the pharmacy.
5. Drink plenty of water
If you have chapped lips it is also because they lack water, so they are dehydrated and dry.
So drink plenty of water for the general health of your body, but also for that of your lips. After a few days you should see a big difference in your lips.
Of course you will also need to apply petroleum jelly, honey or other lip balm to heal your chapped lips faster.
6. Rose petals
Rose petals in addition to being pretty and fragrant can be useful against dry lips. Here’s how you can use them:
Soak rose petals in milk for several hours. Then, make this mixture into a paste and apply it on your lips.
The cracks will be treated and your lips will be soft and smooth in addition to having a beautiful color.
7. Cucumber and chapped lips
Another natural remedy that you can try at home is this:
- Cut a cucumber into slices and apply a few slices to your lips, as you would your tired eyes.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day to quickly heal your dry lips.
It is a natural remedy that will do a lot of good for your parched lips.
8. Eat foods rich in vitamin A
Vitamin A is excellent for maintaining good lip health. So eat more carrots, tomatoes, green leafy vegetables or cereals to have beautiful healthy lips.
You can also eat foods rich in vitamin A for health:
- of the immune system.
9. Use Aloe Vera for your lips
Aloe Vera is widely used to soothe the skin during a bad sunburn so why not use it on your lips? If you can find Aloe Vera in gel form, put it regularly on your chapped lips.
This natural product will heal your wounds and cracks very quickly. In the end, beautiful smooth lips, soft and above all without chapping.
10. Avoid wetting lips with tongue
Very often people tend to moisten their lips with their tongue. It’s a mechanical habit and you don’t even realize it.
On the other hand, this gesture dries out the lips a lot and causes chapping, especially during the cold season, so be careful!