How to clean a shower? A shower never stays clean for long. There are soap scum, dirt and limescale deposits. It’s important to clean the shower every week, whether it’s the tiles or the shower glass.
It’s never interesting to wash in a dirty shower. 10 Tips presents the top tips and products for cleaning a shower!
1. Clean a shower with baking soda
When it comes to cleaning recipes, baking soda is an essential product to clean everything and make everything shine. That’s why it can also be used to deep clean the inside of the shower. Whether it is the walls of the shower or the tiles, baking soda cleans everything and effectively.
Here is how to clean the shower wall with baking soda:
- Use a damp cloth or sponge
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on the sponge
- Scrub shower walls and tiles
- Repeat as needed for stubborn stains
Baking soda is effective in removing lime stains and mold from a shower.
Don’t have baking soda at home? Here is baking soda at the best price for fast home delivery:
2. Clean the shower with car wax
How to use car wax to clean the shower? Here’s how:
- Wash the ceramic tiles in the shower with soap and water
- Wait a few minutes for the tiles to dry
- Take some car wax and spread it on the tiles in the shower
- Take a cloth and make circular movements to polish everything
- Repeat twice during the year for a clean and shiny shower
This trick is ideal for preventing soap from sticking to the walls of the shower and preventing the formation of mold on the tile joints and elsewhere in the shower.
3. Lemon to remove soap scum in the shower
Lemon is very popular for cleaning tasks around the house and even in the shower. So here is how to use lemon to clean the shower?
- Take a lemon and cut it in half
- Rub lemon on ceramic tiles and plumbing
- Lemon removes soap scum and limescale in the shower
- Rinse to complete cleaning
You can also take lemon juice directly and spray it on the shower walls and on the plumbing. Then simply rub with a cloth to thoroughly clean the interior and wall of the shower.
This trick is also effective for the shower head as you can discover here: Clean a shower head.
4. Remove mold from a shower?
Of course you can also use products specially designed for cleaning the shower and tile joints. Simply spray this product on mold stains in the shower and scrub with a brush or sponge.
Here is an anti mold product on sale on Amazon to properly clean the ceramic joints in the shower and to remove the mold that is there.
- Powerful anti mold detergent.
- Destroys mold and whitens shower joints.
- Removes mold quickly and effectively.
Do you want to try other anti mold tips and tricks? This other article will interest you: Remove mold in the shower.
5. Use shampoo and vinegar
Why not use the shampoo you already have in the shower? To do this you must:
- Mix a cup of vinegar with a cup of shampoo
- Then add two cups of water to the mixture
- Spray soap and lime stains with this homemade mixture
- Scrub your shower and bath well with a cloth or sponge
- Rinse and dry to finish cleaning
To remove very stubborn stains in the shower you can add a little baking soda to your mixture. Very effective in removing very encrusted limestone.
6. Wash the shower with hot vinegar
To wash a shower and thus remove soap and shampoo residue, you can use vinegar. Here’s how:
- Heat vinegar in a saucepan
- Spray the walls of the shower with the hot vinegar
- Take a sponge and scrub the inside of the shower well
- Rinse well with lukewarm water to remove all traces of the vinegar at the end of cleaning
It is important not to let the vinegar act for too long on the ceramic joints so as not to damage them. It is therefore necessary to rinse well to remove the vinegar from the tiles and the shower joints.
Are the floor tiles greasy and heavily soiled in the shower? A product that is just as effective if not more so than baking soda is soda crystals.
- Add 1/2 cup of soda crystals to 2 liters of hot water and stir
- Use a sponge or soft brush to clean shower tiles
This tip based on soda crystals is recommended for cleaning dirty and greasy tiles. So whether it’s to clean the shower or degrease the kitchen and the hood, here are soda crystals at a low price:
- Cleans heavily soiled surfaces
- Clean universal and economical
- Thoroughly cleans toilets and sinks
8. Use bleach in the shower?
Have you just noticed the presence of mold stains in the shower? Mold is truly one of the worst things you can find in your bathroom.
To remove black stains and mildew stains in the shower:
- Take a cotton swab and dip it in bleach
- Rub the cotton swab over the tile joints and where the mold is
- Leave the bleach to act for a few minutes on the mold stains
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of bleach in the shower
But be careful, bleach is a powerful product that is harmful to health and the environment. So why not use a natural product to replace bleach instead?
9. Use turpentine
Shining an enamel bathtub with turpentine is possible. Here’s how:
- Ventilate the bathroom well before starting (window, fan, etc.)
- Use a cloth or sponge and turpentine
- Scrub the walls of the bath or shower with this solution
A trick that allows you to quickly shine the bath as well as the shower. Don’t forget to ventilate the room well before, during and after cleaning.
10. Remove water from shower walls and glass
A small gesture that you should do after each shower at home is to wipe the water on the tiles and the glass of the shower. With this small gesture you will prevent the shower glass and the tiles from becoming dirty and clogged.
You can use a microfiber cloth to remove the water well or use a squeegee. The squeegee is an accessory that you should have in your bathroom and in the shower. 10 Tips offers you below a popular and above all quality raclette model. This squeegee is sold with a support that can be easily installed in the shower.
- Squeegee for shower, mirror, glass, etc.
- With support and hook for the shower
- TOP quality price
To remove all traces and dirt on the glass, discover other tips and tricks here: Clean the shower glass.