How to unclog the toilet?
Having a clogged toilet is never a pleasant situation, especially for the visit. And yet, it’s something that happens frequently if you’re not careful. So how do you unclog the toilet quickly?
10 Tips today offers you good tips to unclog a blocked toilet effectively!
Tips for unclogging the toilet:
1. Avoid flushing the toilet
If your toilet is clogged and you insist on continuing to flush the toilet further, you risk making the problem worse and even clogging the toilet even more.
Watch out for water damage in the bathroom!
But what’s even worse is that you may end up with a big water mess in the bathroom because the water will continue to rise and eventually overflow onto the floor.
We let the water go down in the bowl and we use the plunger unblocker to effectively unblock the toilet.
2. A plunger to unclog a toilet
The plunger is the most common tool people use to unclog a blocked toilet. You will easily recognize it with its large plastic tip, often brown or black.
These toilet plungers are inexpensive and very effective, except in cases of a very large clog in the toilet drain.
No need to spend a lot of money for such a suction cup, here is one at a low price:
- Toilet Plunger
- Unclogs quickly and efficiently
- Super easy to use
How to use the plunger to unclog the toilet?
A suction cup regardless of the price you will pay to buy it must be used well. Indeed, if you do not know how to use it properly, the toilet may remain blocked.
Here’s how to unclog the toilet:
- You must place the plunger in the bottom of the toilet, completely at the entrance of the evacuation hole. Air should not be able to escape.
- Push very hard using the plunger handle, lift, push and lift again, several times to unclog the toilet.
This maneuver of pumping air into the toilet will move the water while unblocking the drain and the pipe quickly.
3. A blocked toilet unblocker ferret
But what is a toilet ferret? It is a metal rod that is flexible and has a brush or a corkscrew at the end.
It is a rather effective tool, even for larger and deeper clogs in the toilet. But before resorting to the ferret try your luck with a simple plunger which is often enough to unclog the toilet.
To unclog the toilet and much more!
What is good is that several models of ferrets and spiral unblockers can be used for the toilets, but also the bathtub, the kitchen sink and other clogged pipes.
How to use the ferret in his toilet?
The ferret is very easy to use to unclog toilets and other drains. All you have to do is enter the ferret into the toilet hole and pull the crank.
In no time your toilet should be functional again and completely unclogged.
The manual or electric snake-unclog is very effective for all kinds of pipes as you can read here: How to unclog a drain?
4. Unclog a toilet with a plastic bottle
Do you know the plastic bottle trick? So if you don’t have a plunger at home, the bottle could save your life!
Here’s what to do:
- Take a plastic bottle (of water or soda for example) and cut the bottom of the bottle.
- Leave the cork in place and move back and forth, holding the bottle by the neck.
Better to use a long bottle to avoid getting wet and getting your hands dirty during the uncorking operation!
5. Use a pump unblocker
This tool is very effective in unclogging the toilet. On the other hand, it is more expensive than a simple suction cup, but its performance is still worth the price.
Note that some models are only compatible with sink and bath pipes, so you have to buy a model with a nozzle to unclog the toilet.
Here is a model of toilet opener that you can buy online:
- Unblocker with strong suction power
- Very effective in destroying clogs
- For toilet, sink, bath and shower
How to properly use the pump unblocker
All you need to do is:
- Lift the pump plunger straight up and place it in the toilet bowl, at the entrance to the drain hole.
- Then push down hard on the handle, pull the plunger up, and repeat the whole thing a few times.
- Then remove the unblocker and if the water goes down, it will be a sign that everything is back to normal.
If water remains in the toilet bowl, start pumping again to completely unclog the toilet.
6. Unclog the toilet with hot water
An effective grandmother’s trick for unclogging the toilet is to use a mixture of very hot water and liquid dish soap.
- Pour 1/2 cup of liquid dish soap into the bottom of the bowl (pour gently).
- Pour a bucket of hot, very hot water into the toilet.
- If you notice the clog pulling out, flush the toilet gently to finish.
This trick is effective for small clogs only. Maybe you’re going to need a toilet drain to complete this thing.
7. Baking soda and vinegar for a blocked toilet
Still to help dislodge a small clog in the drain of the toilet or even a kitchen sink, baking soda and vinegar can be very useful!
Indeed, the mixture of these 2 ingredients will dissolve the clog and therefore unclog the toilet. Here’s how to do this trick:
- Pour the entire contents of one can of baking soda into the toilet bowl.
- Then slowly pour white vinegar into the bowl until you see small bubbles.
- Leave for a few minutes and pour a bucket of hot water to continue.
- Leave for a few hours and flush to check if the toilet is unclogged.
Your toilet that was completely clogged is now unblocked? Come and read our tips for unclogging sinks and washbasins: How to unclog a sink?
8. Use the Spanish broom for the unclogging operation
This is a technique in which we use a simple mop to wash the floors. The technique is simple and is reminiscent of that used with the suction cup.
To do this, enter the end of the mop into the bottom of the toilet and pump and swirl to unblock your toilet.
A quick and easy trick if you don’t have a plunger or ferret on hand to unblock the toilet.