An unpleasant smell in the bathroom is emanating from it?
A bathroom is easily impregnated with bad smells, unfortunately for us! This is why it is nice to make sure that these unwanted odors disappear as quickly as possible in order to give way to the good smells or at least to a more pleasant smell.
10 tips for you in this article the best tips, tricks and products against bad odors in the bathroom.
1. Bad smell in the bathroom sink?
It often happens that bad smells in a bathroom come from the sink or even from the pipe at the level of your bathtub. Baking soda can quickly solve this odor problem, here is how to do it:
- Pour into the sink (the drain) 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- Let the baking soda act for 5 to 10 minutes
- Add a glass of white vinegar to the sink
- Let the homemade mixture sit for another 15 minutes
- Rinse with warm water to finish cleaning the plumbing
To prevent bad odors from reigning in the bathroom, it is best to repeat this home remedy every 10 to 15 days or so. You can also use this trick to clean the kitchen sink drain.
- To clean and deodorize everything in the house
- An essential product for the household
- TOP quality price!
2. Ventilate the bathroom
It’s hard to keep a bathroom or powder room smelling good if you don’t have any ventilation system to air the room. If unfortunately it is not possible to add a bathroom fan, it is still possible to ventilate it well, here is how:
- During and after your shower or your bath you can simply open the window a little to ventilate the room and thus avoid bad smells of humidity.
- If you don’t have a window, just leave the bathroom door ajar to let the humidity out of the room.
- Finally, buying a small portable dehumidifier to eliminate humidity and therefore bad odors can be a good idea, especially if you don’t have a bathroom fan.
Aeration and ventilation will help eliminate moisture and therefore mold. Here is another interesting article: Remove mold in the bathroom.
Buy a dehumidifier for the bathroom
So for those who cannot ventilate and ventilate the bathroom, the dehumidifier is a good alternative. It is an effective product to eliminate humidity and therefore the bad odors present in a bathroom that is too humid. 10 Tips offers you a quality portable dehumidifier at a very good price right here:
3. Eliminate odors with bleach
Bleach is of course a product that can be very useful for eliminating bad odors in a bathroom. Of course, you have to be careful when using it and rinse your hands well once the cleaning is finished.
So you can use bleach to wash and scrub all the bathroom tiles. Not only will the bathroom tiles be clean, but no bad odors will emerge from this room of the house.
Above all, never mix bleach with another cleaning product because the chlorine can then be released and be dangerous for your health.
4. Clean tile joints and bath joints
Bad odors in a bathroom can be avoided if you take the time to clean everything and especially to clean thoroughly. So when was the last time you cleaned the tile joints and the joints in the shower and bathtub?
It is indeed important to clean all the joints that are in your bathroom with a disinfectant. Bad smells have a bad habit of becoming embedded in the bathroom. No matter the type of joints, tiles or silicone joints, baking soda is a natural product that can be used to clean everything.
Here is a very simple cleaning and deodorizing recipe for the bathroom:
- Mix 4 tablespoons with 100 milliliters of vinegar
- Apply the mixture directly to the joints to be cleaned
- Leave to act for several hours and rub with a sponge or an old toothbrush
- Rinse to finish
5. Wash the bath mat regularly
The bath mat must be machine cleaned regularly! If you wash the bath mat very infrequently or worse never, you will quickly notice mold underneath. Who says mold also says musty smell in the bathroom.
Indeed, every night when you get out of the hot bath you wipe yourself on the carpet, don’t you? So just imagine for a moment all the water and moisture the rug absorbs over the days and weeks.
This is why it is important to clean the bath mat in the washing machine every week to avoid odors and mold in the bathroom.
6. Avoid placing cat litter in the bathroom
ARGHHH but what is that strong smell in the bathroom
? That’s what your guests say when they walk into your bathroom! Explain to me why you keep putting the cat litter box in the bathroom?
It’s hard to have a nice fresh smell in a bathroom if your pet comes to do its business every day in this room, isn’t it?
The bathroom is a small room in the house and placing the cat litter there could further increase the bad odors that prevail there. Instead, choose a more airy and discreet place to place the cat litter box.
Of course, if you have no other place to put the cat litter than in a bathroom, then quickly get an odor-destroying type product. 10-Trucs.com offers you this anti-odor spray which is very effective and appreciated by users:
Odor destroyer, Saniterpen
- Effectively eliminates bad odors
- Use on cat litter, mats, cages, etc.
- Leaves a good scent of mint and eucalyptus
7. Thoroughly clean the toilet bowl
How do you expect to have a toilet that always smells good if you hardly ever wash the toilet bowl. Indeed, a poorly cleaned toilet bowl can be the cause of bad odors in a bathroom.
Here is a tip for properly cleaning the toilet bowl:
- Sprinkle about a cup of baking soda in the toilet
- Pour a cup of white vinegar and let it act for 30 minutes
- Then brush the sides of the bowl with a brush and flush the toilet to finish
You can then add cleaning tablets that will keep your toilet bowl clean and smelling good.
For other cleaning tips to make the bowl shine, it’s here: Clean the toilet bowl.
8. An odor absorber for the bathroom
If a musty, musty smell emerges from the bathroom, a product can be purchased and installed in that room. It is actually an odor and moisture absorber. This product absorbs the humidity present in a small room such as the bathroom or the laundry room for example.
If there is less humidity, there will necessarily be less bad odors and less risk of mold in the bathroom. 10-trucs.com offers you below a quality and really inexpensive humidity absorber.
It is very important to eliminate the humidity in this room as you will discover here: How to remove humidity in a bathroom?
9. Drain smells in a bathroom
Poor maintenance of pipes can sometimes be the cause of bad odors that emerge in a bathroom, but also elsewhere in the house. There is nothing worse than a poorly maintained and clogged drain when it comes to bad smells in a house.
Here is a very simple recipe using white vinegar to clean and deodorize the pipe:
- Pour 1 cup of white vinegar down the sink drain
- Leave on for 1 to 2 hours before rinsing with boiling water
For even more efficiency against bad odors add baking soda before pouring the vinegar down the drain.