How to clean makeup brushes?
Good quality makeup brushes can last for many years, if of course they are taken care of properly. Indeed, they quickly become clogged with traces of make-up and sebum.
A poorly maintained makeup brush could lead to skin problems, including the appearance of pimples and blackheads. To avoid these inconveniences, 10 Tips presents some tips and products for properly maintaining and cleaning makeup brushes.
1. Cleaning brushes for makeup brushes
Before moving on to cleaning and caring for your brushes, it is important to remove excess make-up and make-up powder from the brushes.
So to remove makeup powder residue, you will need a brush specifically designed for this purpose. Thanks to its different textures, this cleansing brush will allow you to thoroughly wash and dry your different makeup brushes.
10-Trucs offers you a cleaning brush model to wash makeup brushes quickly and easily:
Brush cleaning brush
- Silicone brush with 7 types of stripes
- Cleans all types of makeup brushes
- Mounts in a sink or on the counter
Brushes used for applying powder makeup should be washed at least once or twice a week, while those used for creamy makeup should be washed after each use.
To do this, you will need a product specifically designed for cleaning makeup brushes or a very mild shampoo.
For brushes with synthetic bristles, you can also use an oil-based makeup remover or even liquid dish soap.
- Start by moistening the brush with lukewarm water, taking care to wet only the bristles
- Pour a drop of cleanser into the palm of your hand, and gently pass the bristles of the brush through it a few times, making circles, while making sure to impregnate them all
- Rinse well with clear water and wring the head of the brush in a tissue, pressing the bristles gently
- Replace the bristles then let the brush dry flat on a tissue or paper towel.
3. Marseille soap to clean your brushes
Do you have Marseille soap at home for your beauty treatments? If so, so much the better, if not, you will find some lower after reading this cleaning tip. Here is how to use Marseille soap for cleaning brushes:
- Wet the bristles of the makeup brush
- Gently rub the brush on the Marseille soap to lather the soap well
- Then rub the brush in the palm of your hand and repeat as needed.
- Dry the brush head down to finish cleaning.
Marseille soap works wonders for degreasing makeup brushes, while being gentle enough not to damage them.
So for those who don’t have this natural soap at home, here it is right here at the best price:
- Effectively cleans makeup brushes
- Also useful for skin care
- TOP quality price
4. Clean makeup brushes with Bicarbonate
To properly disinfect your makeup brushes, try this simple trick based on baking soda.
- Add 4 tablespoons of baking soda to 1 liter of water.
- Dip your makeup brushes in it and let it soak overnight.
- In the morning, rinse well and dry the brushes.
To speed up the drying time, especially if you need to use your brushes, dry them using a hair dryer but without heat.
Whether it’s for this makeup brush cleaning tip or for cleaning other objects around the house, here’s some baking soda just for you:
- Natural and quality product
- Cleans brushes and deodorizes
- For beauty and health care
5. Homemade recipes for cleaning makeup brushes:
A homemade makeup brush cleaner
Here is an easy little recipe for an effective homemade makeup brush cleaner, which only requires two ingredients that we all have at home.
- olive oil
- liquid dish soap
Combine a little of each product and wash your brushes as usual. The soap will remove makeup residue, and the olive oil will condition and soften your brush bristles.
A simple and free cleaning tip to condition and soften your makeup brushes at home.
Recipe to clean your makeup brushes naturally
This simple recipe will allow you to properly maintain your makeup brushes by cleaning and conditioning them. Here is what you will need:
- 2 small bowls
- Olive oil
- Gentle shampoo
- pure white vinegar
- Baking soda
In the first bowl, pour 1 drop of olive oil and a little shampoo. Mix well. Fill the second bowl ¾ full with lukewarm water, and add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
Start by dipping the brush into the bowl containing the oil and shampoo, then rub it gently in the palm of your hand. Rinse with clear water, then dip the brush in the mixture of vinegar and baking soda. Rinse again.
Makeup brush cleaner recipe
This recipe can be used daily as a cleanser for your makeup brushes. You will need:
- A spray bottle
- 100 milliliters of demineralised water
- 25 milliliters of alcohol
- ½ tbsp gentle face wash gel
Combine all ingredients in the spray bottle and stir, but do not create a foam. After using your makeup brushes, spray this solution on a tissue and gently wipe the bristles of your makeup brushes.
6. Cleansing milk as a makeup brush cleaner
You can clean your makeup brushes with a mild cleansing milk. Just lightly soak your brushes in it, massage gently, then rinse with lukewarm water.
A simple, quick and effective tip in addition to being free because you certainly already have cleansing milk at home!
7. Disinfect your makeup brushes with vinegar
Did you know that it is important to properly disinfect makeup brushes from time to time?
So to ensure that our brushes are well disinfected, after cleaning, soak them for a few minutes in a mixture containing 1 part pure white vinegar and 2 parts water. Rinse and dry your brushes to finish.
Makeup sponges are not left out, and should also be washed regularly.
- Fill a small bowl with warm water, pour in some mild shampoo and lather up.
- Dip your dirty sponges into the bowl, squeeze them a few times with your hands and let them soak for about 30 minutes.
- With a little mild liquid soap, massage the sponges well to make it penetrate and help dislodge dirt.
- Then rinse under warm tap water, while squeezing the sponges.
- Squeeze out the excess water, then pat dry with paper towel.
- Wait until they are completely dry before using them again.
Oh yes, if you are looking for new makeup sponges 10 Tips offers you this product:
- Quality sponge with pro finish
- Sponge for all types of makeup
- Easy and precise application
BONUS: A makeup brush organizer
These small brush organizers offer you several compartments to insert your makeup brushes, avoiding cross-contamination from one to another. Plus, these makeup brush organizers let you see all your brushes at a glance.
Here is one really cheap and very popular online with women and girls: