What to do with dry, very dry feet? With the cold, age or even a lack of hydration, it can be normal to have drier feet.
So if you have this problem, I offer you some practical tips and tricks for dry feet.
1. Homemade foot scrub recipe
To find soft and smooth feet, you can opt for a foot scrub.
Here is a very simple recipe against dry feet. You need to mix all of the following ingredients in a large container:
- 1 cup natural brown sugar
- 1 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 3 tablespoons of organic honey
Once the mixture is smooth and homogeneous, you can store it in airtight containers.
This homemade foot scrub recipe can be applied to your dry, cracked feet as often as you like. Ideal to get through the cold season.
2. Vaseline for dry feet
A quick and easy trick for dry feet is to apply petroleum jelly.
Indeed, for dry and cracked feet (due to the cold for example) simply apply a thick layer of Vaseline on the foot.
Apply petroleum jelly to the feet at night!
You can also apply Vaseline before going to sleep and put on big socks to keep the Vaseline in place. The next day, your feet will be much softer, smoother and hydrated.
To prevent dry, cracked and damaged feet, it is best to remove as much dead skin from the feet as possible.
There is a product specially designed to remove dead skin and restore softness to your feet. This is the foot rasp.
Here is a quality and really effective electric grater for a dry exfoliation of the feet:
electric foot file
- Prevents dry feet
- Eliminates corm and calluses under the feet
- For smooth and soft foot skin
4. A foot bath to hydrate the feet
The foot bath is a good trick to moisturize the feet and thus make them softer and smoother.
Here is a homemade moisturizing foot bath recipe:
- Fill the foot basin with warm water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk to the mixture.
- Mix well and soak the feet for 10-15 minutes.
This recipe will help soften the skin of the feet while deeply moisturizing. Ideal against dry feet.
5. Exfoliate and hydrate dry feet
If you want to exfoliate and moisturize your feet to make them less dry and softer, then I have a recipe for you.
- Mix an equal amount of sweet almond oil and wheat semolina.
- Rub the mixture on and under the feet with quick movements.
- Rinse with hot water and repeat a few times to have less dry and less cracked feet.
6. Shea butter for dry feet
If you don’t have a good moisturizing foot cream, there is a really effective natural product to deeply moisturize your feet: Shea butter!
Indeed, shea butter is a super moisturizer and healing for the skin and feet.
So if your feet are really very dry, you can apply a good layer of shea butter under your socks before going to sleep.
- For face and body
- Super rehydrating for the feet
- 100% pure and natural product
7. Green clay against cracked feet
If your feet are really very dry, they may crack and crack.
So if you notice the presence of cracks under the feet and in the heel, green clay is an excellent tip to heal them.
Use green clay as a poultice on the feet!
It is enough to mix green clay with olive oil or better with sweet almond oil and apply it on the feet for 20 to 30 minutes.
8. Milk and tea bath before grating the skin
Before using a foot grater or a pumice stone against dead skin, it is important to soften the skin of the feet.
Here is a recipe with milk and green tea for dry feet:
- Fill the foot basin with the same quantity of hot milk and hot water.
- Add 2 or 3 green tea bags and leave to macerate for a few minutes.
- Immerse your feet in the mixture and let it act for about 15 minutes.
- Once the skin has softened you can grate the feet to remove the dead skin.
9. Cocoa butter to the rescue!
Similar to the shea butter thing, cocoa butter is also effective in treating and moisturizing dry feet.
Here’s how to use it on your feet:
- Melt cocoa butter by adding a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Mix well and cool before using.
- Once cool apply the mixture on the feet and leave on for 15 minutes.
You can repeat this trick 2 to 3 times a week to stop having dry feet this winter.
10. A cream to heal dry and damaged feet
Finally, if you have tried several natural tips for dry feet but nothing is improving, maybe it is better to buy a repair cream.
Neutrogena offers a cream for very dry and damaged feet. To read all the comments and positive opinions of Internet users, this cream seems really very effective against dry feet.
Cream for dry feet
- Intensely hydrates the feet
- For more supple and soft skin
- Ideal for the heel and toes