How to remove a makeup stain from clothes? Mascara, foundation or lipstick stains, regardless of the makeup stain, it is completely possible to clean it!
I offer you today on 10 Tips my best tips for removing makeup stains.
1. Remove makeup with soda crystals
To remove a makeup stain on white or other colors of fabrics and clothes, soda crystals are a great thing to try!
Here’s how to do this stain remover trick:
- Mix soda crystals with lukewarm water and form a sort of paste.
- Apply the cleansing paste directly to the makeup stain.
- Rub the stain with a small cloth or soft brush and rinse with water.
- Machine wash the white garment to make sure the stain is completely gone.
Baking soda can also be used!
Indeed, baking soda can also be used to clean certain makeup stains. Just moisten the stain with water, sprinkle some baking soda and rub.
If you still don’t have baking soda at home, what are you waiting for!
- Cleans and deodorizes textiles
- Cleans the bathroom and kitchen
- Replaces a multitude of cleaning products
2. Remove a makeup stain with vinegar
For a powdery surface makeup stain, the best tip is to use white vinegar as a stain remover.
Very easy to do:
- Mix lukewarm water with white vinegar.
- Soak a cloth in this solution and gently dab the stain.
- Finish with a machine wash to remove all traces of makeup.
For recent make-up stains on clothing, it is important to dab and not rub, as you risk embedding the make-up even deeper into the fabric.
3. Flat iron for a set-in makeup stain
If unfortunately the make-up stain is VERY encrusted in the fabric then consider using an iron!
Here’s how to remove that old stain:
- Sprinkle talc or Sommières earth on the makeup stain.
- Place a paper towel (paper towel) over the stain.
- Run the iron over the paper towel and repeat until the stain is gone.
- Rinse the fabric and send to the machine to complete the wash.
4. Make-up stain and Marseille soap
Marseille soap is a 100% natural cleaning product to be used on different stains and textiles! This soap is particularly effective on foundation and mascara stains.
Here’s how to use it to remove makeup from white clothing:
- Lightly moisten the makeup stain with a little warm water.
- Then rub the stain with Marseille soap until a crust forms and leave to act for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the garment with water and send to the machine on the normal cycle to finish cleaning the stain.
Marseille soap is useful for several types of stains including mascara. Here are our tips on it: How to remove a mascara stain?
5. Remove makeup with ammonia
A trick that works very well on most fabrics and make-up products is ammonia.
Super easy, here’s what to do:
- Dampen a cotton swab or a small cloth and dab the makeup stain.
- Machine wash the garment according to the washing instructions on the label.
If it’s more specifically a lipstick stain on fabric then I recommend glycerin rather than ammonia.
6. Remove a foundation stain from clothing
If your makeup stain is actually a foundation stain then I have the best tip for you!
- Sprinkle baking soda over the foundation stain.
- Dampen a cloth with warm soapy water and gently rub the stain.
- Rinse the garment with water and finish with a quick machine wash.
If this trick doesn’t work well then come and read these other tips and tricks: Removing an encrusted foundation stain.