Do you like to cook in the slow cooker?
Cooking in a slow cooker saves you a lot of time doing something else while waiting, rather than staying in front of the oven to cook. On the other hand, we quickly end up running out of imagination when it comes time to cook in a slow cooker, right?
Lacking inspiration for your next recipe? Here are 10 easy slow cooker recipe ideas!
The 10 easy recipes for the slow cooker:
1. Slow Cooker Chicken Stew Recipe
Do you like chicken and do you like to eat a good big stew on occasion? Well, the recipe that I propose below will please you!
- In a skillet, grill boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes.
- Remove from the heat and then place them in the slow cooker.
- Cook a few vegetables of your choice (mushrooms, carrots, onions, etc.) in another pan with a little olive oil.
- Once cooked or softened, add the vegetables to the slow cooker with 500ml of chicken stock.
- Season to taste and cook for 4 hours over low heat.
As with many other slow cooker recipes, it is possible to cook over low heat throughout the day while you are at work, for example.
Before moving on to the other recipes, here is a very popular slow cooker that is appreciated by Internet users and our visitors:
Crock-Pot, electric slow cooker
- Slow cooker with a capacity of 5L, perfect for the family
- With Sauté function to sear food
- Removable multipurpose container
2. Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
We usually make the spaghetti sauce in a large saucepan on the round of the oven, but the slow cooker can also be used very well.
Here’s how to make this spaghetti in the crockpot recipe:
- In a large skillet, cook 1lb of lean or semi-lean ground beef.
- Then add onions, carrots, celery and garlic.
- Once the vegetables have softened, stir in 1 can of tomato soup (796ml) and 60ml of tomato paste.
- Stir well and transfer all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Add crushed tomatoes and spices and simmer over low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
If you are more conventional for spagh sauce I recommend my best recipe right here: Recipe for the best spaghetti sauce.
3. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
The pulled pork here is always very popular with young and old! Here are the ingredients and steps for this slow cooker recipe:
- In a large skillet, brown 1 boneless pork shoulder on all sides for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and then place it in the slow cooker.
- Add 2 onions, garlic, paprika, bay leaf, 30g brown sugar, 30ml cider vinegar, tomato soup (1 can of 284ml), chicken broth (900ml) and juice of orange (60ml).
- Simmer for 4 hours at high power. Once cooked, remove the bay leaf and with the help of a fork shred the pork.
- Season everything and serve in a hot bun, like a hamburger.
4. Beef and Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
There are a ton of chili recipe ideas, so I’ve got another recipe for you, which this time is prepared in the slow cooker.
- Brown 1 lb ground beef and add onions and sweet potato chunks to a large skillet.
- Cook until the onions are translucent. Add a little garlic, turmeric and chili pepper, mix for 1 minute and pour everything into the slow cooker.
- Then add kidney beans, diced tomatoes and tomato soup.
- Cook for 4 hours at high temperature.
5. Roast Beef in the Crockpot Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good roast beef when the cold weather hits?
In a large bowl combine the following ingredients:
- 1 can of 284ml cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup ready-to-use beef broth
- 3 cups halved red potatoes
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 15ml Worcestershire sauce
Place the roast beef in the slow cooker and place the vegetables all around and the soup everywhere on top and cook for 6 hours at high temperature.
6. Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
Personally, I’ve never tried this Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff recipe, but you have to admit that it looks really delicious like chicken!
The steps for this chicken recipe:
- In a large skillet, brown 2 lbs of thighs, boneless, skinless and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Add 1 chopped leek and 6 oz of cut mushrooms and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add 60 ml of white wine and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add 125 ml of flour and mix everything.
- Then transfer to slow cooker, add 900ml chicken broth and 284ml condensed cream of celery soup.
- Cook over low heat for 7 to 9 hours and serve over cooked egg noodles to complete the recipe.
7. Chicken Gumbo
Chicken is a very popular meat when it comes time to cook slow cooker recipes… Here is another proof for you; chicken gumbo recipe.
- In a skillet, brown 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken cut into pieces and transfer to the slow cooker.
- In the same pan, add pieces of sausage, diced onions and celery and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add garlic, tomato paste (45ml) and flour (60ml) and cook for another 4-5 minutes and then pour into the slow cooker.
- Still in the slow cooker, add diced tomatoes (398ml), red wine (1 cup) and chicken broth (3 cups) and simmer for 5 hours over high heat.
Serve over cooked rice to finish!
8. Chicken cacciatore in the slow cooker
And we continue our momentum with another easy slow cooker chicken recipe:
In a skillet, sauté:
- 3 lbs of chicken
- A can of crushed tomatoes
- some onions
- 1 and ½ cups of chicken broth
Then add all these ingredients to the slow cooker and cook for 8 hours and serve over rice. You’re going to love this slow cooker chicken recipe I’m sure!
9. A good fat slow cooker ham
Remember the good ham you ate when you were young. You know the ham that frays with a simple movement of the fork… Yum Yum!
For this recipe you will need a smoked ham with the bone still in place. Here’s how to properly cook ham in the slow cooker:
- Place the whole smoked ham in the slow cooker over low heat.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup brown sugar, ½ cup maple syrup and 60 ml Dijon mustard.
- Then pour all the mixture over the ham and cook for 8 hours over low heat and serve sliced.
If you are looking for something to cook a ham to perfection, read these cooking tips: How to cook a toupie ham?
10. Slow Cooker Baked Beans
Do you like to eat baked beans from time to time or do you prefer “bines”? ?
Here is a slow cooker baked bean recipe:
- Soak 2 cups of white beans overnight, in a bowl of water and baking soda (1 tbsp).
- The next day, rinse everything and boil for 30 minutes in a saucepan.
- Discard the water and pour into the slow cooker with 1/2 pound of bacon, 1 onion and a mixture of 125ml of brown sugar, 125ml of molasses, 5ml of dry mustard and 125ml of ketchup.
- Cover everything with hot water and simmer for 2 to 5 hours at high temperature.
If you want a guide to help you buy the best pressure cooker I suggest this guide: Which pressure cooker to choose?
Is the broth or sauce too runny?
As you may already know, cooking in a slow cooker is slow and can unfortunately make the stew way too runny. One solution is to thicken it… But how?
Here is an article that explains different methods to recover a stew that is too liquid: Tip for thickening a sauce or stew.