How to remove a grease stain from jeans?
Removing a grease stain from jeans or other clothing is not always easy, but not impossible. There are commercial products but also several natural and practical tips for cleaning a grease stain.
10 Tips offers you today its cleaning tips and tricks to quickly remove grease stains from jeans.
1. Remove a stain of engine grease
Did you just notice an engine grease stain on your favorite pair of jeans? Above all, do not panic, it is possible to make it go away.
A mixture of baking soda and lemon juice is a great way to remove that grease stain from jeans.
Here’s how to do this cleaning trick:
- Gently rub the grease stain with lemon juice.
- Then sprinkle baking soda and continue rubbing the grease stain.
- Rinse the jeans with lukewarm water and finish with a cleaning in the washing machine.
To remove a multitude of stains in the house and the garden here is baking soda at a low price:
2. Remove a grease stain with talc and Marseille soap
For a fresh grease stain on jeans we have a cleaning hack that works every time! Here’s how to remove that nasty stain:
- Quickly apply talc to absorb as much of the grease stain as possible.
- If the stain is still visible, you can apply a little Marseille soap to the stain.
- Leave on for about 45 minutes and rinse the jeans in the washing machine on the normal cycle.
This trick is also effective against oil stains. Come and read the other tips here: How do you remove an oil stain from fabric?
3. Terre de Sommières against grease stains!
Do you know the land of Sommières? It is a dry cleaning product and therefore removes certain stains, including grease stains.
This trick is effective for fresh grease stains only! If the stain is old or worse fixed on the jeans you will have to try another of our tips and tricks.
- Start by absorbing the excess fat with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with Sommières clay to cover the entire grease stain.
- Leave the product to act overnight.
- Scrub the stain the next day with a soft brush and remove the earth from sommières.
Here is Terre de Sommières at the best price to succeed with this cleaning tip:
In addition to a grease stain, have you just discovered rust? Come quickly read this article: How to remove a rust stain from fabric ?
4. Remove an old grease stain from jeans
The hardest part is removing an old grease stain from jeans. Especially if the jeans have already been washed in the washing machine before and therefore if the stain is fixed on the textile.
Ammonia can be a good solution for removing a stubborn grease stain from jeans. Be careful though, only a few drops of ammonia mixed with water are needed to clean grease-stained jeans.
Above all, do not breathe ammonia vapours. Clean the grease stain outside on the balcony, never inside the house.
For other types of stains: grass, stain or paint, here is the article to read as soon as possible: How to remove a stain from jeans?
5. Bike grease stain?
How do you remove a bike grease stain from jeans? If it’s a bike grease stain on jeans, vinegar is a very effective natural trick.
Simply gently dab the grease stain with the vinegar to remove the stain. Remember to rinse well and wash the jeans at the end to remove any traces of vinegar on the jeans.
If the stain is more resistant or old and the vinegar does not work, then you can use white spirit. Indeed, White-Spirit is very effective in removing a grease stain from jeans.