How to have hair that always smells good? Smell of humidity, smell of cooking, smell of cigarettes, there are many smells that can soak into your hair.
Today I offer you some good tips and tricks to get rid of smelly hair. Happy washing!
1. Why does my hair smell bad?
Before sharing my smelly tips with you, it is important to know the exact cause of smelly hair.
Here are some possible causes:
- Excessive production of sebum on the scalp.
- Accumulation of sweat at the hairline.
- Oily hair is more prone to this odor problem.
- A diet that is too spicy.
- Smoking environment at home.
- Hair is trapped too long under a cap, cap, hat, etc.
- Cooking odors present in the house.
- The use of the hair dryer and the straightening iron can be the cause.
2. Bad smell on the scalp
If your problem is rather at the level of the scalp and oily hair then you must act at the source in order to solve this odor problem.
Here is the recipe for a hair mask to treat excess sebum:
- Mix 5 tablespoons of green clay with lukewarm water to form a malleable paste.
- Apply to hair and gently massage the scalp with the mixture.
- Leave it on your head for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse the hair thoroughly.
- Wash the hair with your usual shampoo and let air dry.
Apply this homemade mask to your hair twice a week to reduce oily hair and thus have hair that always smells good.
3. Deodorize your hair with lemon juice
A 100% natural product that you can use to combat bad hair odor is lemon juice.
A simple trick to do:
- Wash your hair with your shampoo (adapted to your hair type).
- Rinse and apply lemon juice (about 1 cup of juice) evenly all over the hair.
- Leave on for 5 minutes, rinse hair with water and air dry.
Lemon juice is a great way to get rid of smelly hair, naturally!
4. Apply dry shampoo in the morning
Do you know dry shampoo? Personally I have been using it for a few years now. This shampoo is ideal when there is not enough time to do a real hair wash.
Clean hair that smells good, what more do you want! ?
So if you have smelly hair this morning why not use it to make it smell good too.
If you don’t have dry shampoo at home, you can also use baby powder (talcum powder) to remove bad odors from your hair.
5. Essential oils on the hair
Some essential oils can be used to care for the hair. Some are effective against dry hair, oily hair and even against dandruff.
Here’s how to make hair smell great:
- Drop 1 or 2 drops of essential oils on your hairbrush.
- Brush your hair along the entire length to perfume it well.
What are the best essential oils for hair?
Depending on the care and benefits sought, here is a guide to know the right oils to use: Essential oils for hair.
6. Perfume her hair with her perfume
One last trick that works really well against stinky hair is to spray on some of your favorite perfume.
So if you are looking for a quick tip to get rid of the bad smell of cooking or worse of cigarettes on your hair then your perfume is the best ally!
Simply spray a spray of perfume high in the air and stand below.
The important thing is to spray the perfume at a distance of 20 to 30 centimeters above your hair. In the end, beautiful shiny hair that smells great!
To continue your reading and your discoveries, I share with you my guide to solid shampoos: How to make your solid shampoo?