How to clean a glass table without leaving a trace?
A glass table is really pretty, but you have to take care of it and above all clean it regularly to avoid stubborn marks and stains that can be difficult to clean.
So here are some tips and tricks that I personally use at home to clean my glass table without streaking.
1. Clean a glass table with white vinegar
A first tip for cleaning a glass table naturally is to use a homemade white vinegar-based cleaner. Simple, quick and easy, here’s how to use vinegar:
- Mix one part white vinegar with one part lukewarm water.
- Spray the cleaning solution on the glass and rub with a soft cloth.
- Dry with a new soft cloth to shine the glass cabinet.
White vinegar is really very effective in naturally removing dust and other stains from a glass surface.
2. Rub the glass with a little dishwashing liquid
What I personally use at home to clean and shine my glass table is simply liquid dish soap!
- Dampen a soft cloth and add a few drops of dish soap.
- Scrub and clean the entire glass surface well, insisting on stains.
- Rub the table again with a soft, dry cloth to make the glass shine.
This trick is ideal for removing coffee stains, wine stains and other liquid stains from glass furniture.
3. Remove fingerprints from a glass table
Fingerprints and greasy stains on glass can be difficult to completely remove, but not impossible! ammonia water is the solution to clean glass without leaving a tracehere’s how to do it:
- Pour water into a spray bottle and add a few drops of ammonia.
- Dip a soft cloth in the water and ammonia mixture and rub the finger stains.
- Rub and buff the glass table with a new microfiber cloth to finish.
No matter the trick, always wear gloves to protect your hands when using cleaning products.
4. Wash glass furniture with lemon juice
A bit like the white vinegar trick, lemon juice also allows you to naturally clean a table and other glass furniture or accessories.
- Spray lemon juice on the glass and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Then rub the glass surface with a damp sponge in circular motions.
- Dry and polish the glass with a soft, dry cloth or using a ball of newspaper.
If you prefer, you can also use a halved lemon to scrub and clean your glass table.
5. Clean and remove scratches on a glass table
If you notice the presence of small scratches and scuffs on the surface of your glass table then toothpaste is a grandma’s trick to try.
- Apply a little toothpaste to the glass at the scratches.
- With a dry cloth rub the glass in circular motions.
Toothpaste is a great way to clean, shine and reduce the appearance of scratches on glass furniture!