How do I clean my baking sheet?
I don’t know about you, but here the oven tray always comes out very dirty haha! Stains of grease and burnt food, it is important to clean your hob thoroughly after each use.
Here are my top tips and tricks for easily cleaning a very dirty and grimy baking sheet.
1. Clean a baking sheet with vinegar and baking soda
The first trick that I regularly use at home to clean my baking sheet is the one based on baking soda and white vinegar. Very simple, here’s how to do this thing:
- Remove as much food residue as possible from the plate.
- Then mix 1/2 cup baking soda with 1/2 cup warm water and 1/2 cup white vinegar.
- Pour the mixture into the cooking plate and rub the entire surface with a soft (non-abrasive) sponge.
- Leave to act for about twenty minutes, rub again and rinse with water to finish cleaning the plate.
I recommend that you do this trick after each use of your cookie sheet to prevent stains from settling and therefore becoming difficult to remove.
2. Wash a very dirty hob with black soap
Another trick that works really well for washing a hob is to use liquid black soap.
- Pour black soap directly into the still hot oven plate and leave to act for 10 minutes.
- Then rub the plate with a damp sponge and rinse with hot water.
Repeat if necessary if there are still stains and leave the black soap to act even longer, overnight even if the plate is really very dirty.
3. Stain the oven tray with vinegar and salt
Another trick to clean a dirty baking sheet naturally and effectively is to use a mixture of salt and vinegar.
Here’s how to pull off this other trick:
- In a bowl mix an equal amount of white vinegar and coarse salt.
- Soak a soft sponge in this solution and rub the surface of the hot hob.
- Leave the solution on for 10 minutes (or more if it is really very dirty) and rinse with warm water.
You can also use the vinegar and coarse salt trick to clean the bottom of a dirty pan
4. Soak the plate in water and soda crystals
Another solution to overcome stubborn stains such as grease and burnt stains is to use soda crystals.
- Fill the kitchen sink with very hot water and add soda crystals (1 cup for 1 liter of water)
- Soak the baking sheet for several hours or better overnight.
The next morning the plate should be clean. If stains remain, rub them with the mixture of salt and white vinegar.
5. Protect the hob to avoid scorched spots
Finally, to avoid having to scrub and thoroughly clean your baking sheet after each use, why not protect it with parchment paper or even better a baking mat?
Here at home, we love making homemade snacks for our kids at school, whether it’s healthy cookies or our great homemade granola bar recipe. The cookie sheet is therefore frequently used and to avoid grease and burnt stains, the baking mat is used.
- Set of 2 silicone baking mats.
- Non-stick and easy to clean.
- For easy and convenient cooking.