How to clean the oven rack? Oven racks get dirty very quickly especially if you cook a lot like me. Food easily falls off the pans and snags on the grid to stick to it.
With 10-tips, I share with you my best tips and products for cleaning the oven rack easily and above all effectively. Happy cleaning! 🙂
1. Cleaning the grid in the dishwasher
If you want to keep the oven racks clean, why not clean them after each use?
Indeed, you can simply place and wash the oven rack in the dishwasher after use, if necessary. But be sure to remove burnt-on food residue stuck to the grid before cleaning it in the dishwasher.
2. Simply warm soapy water
If you get into the habit of regularly cleaning the grill but also the inside of the oven, then a simple soapy water should do the trick.
Every week, take the time to clean the grid in this way:
- Soak oven or BBQ racks in hot soapy water (see boiling).
- Let sit until food stuck to grates softens.
- Rub with a sponge or cloth to clean the entire surface and allow to dry to finish.
3. Clean the oven rack with baking soda
Baking soda is one of the “favorite” products on 10-trucs.com! Well did you know it can also be used as how to clean oven racks?
- Fill the bath with hot water and add baking soda.
- Soak the grid in hot water and leave for an hour.
- Then rub the grid with a damp sponge on which you have poured baking soda.
- Rinse and let dry before placing back in the oven.
If you prefer you can also use soda crystals instead of baking soda in this cleaning tip which is just as effective.
Baking soda is also used as a natural cleanser in this article: Tip for washing the barbecue grill.
4. Use black soap
Black soap is an increasingly popular cleaner and used in homes. It is found in many of our tips and tricks on the site.
As it is both a cleaner and a degreaser, black soap is useful for cleaning oven and barbecue grills.
- Soak the grates in hot water for a few minutes.
- Then rub the grilles with a sponge and black soap, insisting on stubborn stains.
- Rinse, let dry and replace the racks in the oven.
5. An oven cleaner
If the oven rack is really, really really dirty with burnt and stuck-on food all over the place then oven cleaner is the way to go.
- Spray the product over the entire grid and leave to act for a few minutes.
- Then rub the grid with a cloth or sponge.
- Rinse and let the grid dry to finish.
Wear gloves to protect your hands and ventilate the house when using an oven cleaner as it is a very powerful product.
6. A metal brush to clean everything
One product you should have at home is the wire brush. There are several models of barbecue brushes that can also be used for cleaning oven racks.
This metal brush is very useful for effectively removing burnt-on and stuck-on grate food. Combined with a degreasing product, your oven rack will quickly return to its original state.
7. Scrub with a steel sponge – steel wool
Still for cleaning a very dirty oven rack, steel wool is an excellent solution to get rid of the most stubborn stains and residues!
It is possible to buy in stores sponges or steel pads for this type of cleaning. Just rub each of the grids and finish with a cleaning with soapy water to degrease everything.
Now that you know how to wash the grill, come and discover these other cleaning tips for the oven: Clean a dirty oven.