How do you clean shower panes?
The shower windows, whether the glass door or the walls, must be cleaned regularly to avoid limescale stains and soap residue.
In this article, I offer you my best tips and tricks for cleaning a shower window easily!
1. Wash the shower glass with vinegar
A natural product that can be used to clean shower windows and walls is white vinegar. No need to buy household vinegar from the store, good old white vinegar is just as effective as a cleaner.
- Mix white vinegar with water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the glass and the shower walls and let it act.
- Scrub and clean with a cloth, rinse and dry the glass to finish.
To remove stubborn soap scum and lime stains on the shower glass and even on a shower curtain, you can use pure vinegar or better still hot vinegar.
In addition to being effective for the shower glass, vinegar also makes the windows of the house shine, as you will discover here: Clean windows and windows with white vinegar.
2. Clean the glass shower door with a lemon
Lemon is another grandmother’s tip that can be used to naturally clean the glass door, but also to clean the tiles in a shower and the walls. Here are 2 methods to use lemon as a cleanser:
- Cut a lemon in half and scrub the shower glass with the lemon.
- Take a cloth soaked in warm water to continue cleaning the glass.
- Dry the shower panes with a soft, dry microfiber cloth.
- Mix water with lemon juice and spray the solution on the glass.
- Rub the surface with a cloth or better still a sponge and dry to finish.
For a very dirty and lime-stained shower screen, you can heat a little lemon juice mixed with hot vinegar.
- Ultra-soft, non-abrasive microfiber.
- Ideal for washing the shower glass.
- Leaves no traces or lint.
3. Remove limescale from a shower pane with acetone
Limescale can stain shower walls and windows and unfortunately these limescale stains are difficult to remove.
To remove lime stains on a window you can use these 3 products:
- methylated spirits
- household alcohol
Simply use a cloth and one of these products to clean and scrub the lime stains off the glass shower door.
Prefer the use of alcohol to wash the glass and if the stains are really encrusted then use acetone.
Acetone can also be used to clean pvc windows and other yellowed and blackened surfaces.
4. Vinegar, salt and newspaper for the shower glass
If you like to test grandmother’s recipes then here are some that can wash and shine shower windows:
- Add to a bucket 4 cups of hot water and add a handful of table salt.
- Mix well to dissolve the salt in the hot water and add 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Make balls out of newspaper and scrub the shower glass and walls.
- Rinse with clean water to finish and dry the glass with a soft cloth.
Vinegar mixed with water can also be used to shine a mirror or even to clean a window.
5. Clean a glass shower cubicle with Blanc de Meudon
Do you know the Blanc de Meudon? Very popular for different grandma tricks, Blanc de Meudon can be used to clean and shine a glass shower enclosure.
Here’s how to use it to wash your shower enclosure:
- Mix 8 tablespoons of Blanc de Meudon in 1 cup of hot water.
- Mix well and apply the mixture to the walls of the shower stall.
- Clean with a sponge and scrub more at the stains.
- Rinse the entire glass booth and dry with a soft microfiber type cloth.
Blanc de Meudon can also be used in the kitchen to clean the ceramic hob in the kitchen or even copper objects and silverware.
- Cleans glass, windows and mirrors.
- For the maintenance of silverware, copper and bronze.
- Easy to use anywhere in the house.
6. Remove soap scum from the shower door
If you do not take the time to regularly clean your glass shower door, you will quickly see soap stains appear.
Here is a recipe to remove these traces of soap and limescale:
- Dilute Marseille soap in hot water with a little white Meudon.
- Mix well to dissolve the products and scrub the shower door with this solution.
- Rinse quickly and dry with a soft cloth to make the shower door shine.
You can also use this solution to wash the tiles and shower walls.
7. Cleaning and maintenance of the shower glass
If you want to avoid stubborn stains that are difficult to remove, you must clean and maintain your shower regularly and especially the windows.
So, a few times a week simply wash the shower panes with soapy water.
Don’t forget the shower squeegee!
Also, to avoid soap stains, water stains and limescale, use a shower squeegee to dry the walls and the door.
The shower squeegee is really the best solution for quickly removing water from windows and walls after showering.
- Squeegee for windows and tiles.
- With self-adhesive wall mount.
- Cleans quickly and easily.