How do you clean tupperware stained with tomato sauce?
Here we love the tomato sauce and especially our delicious spaghetti sauce. The problem is that our plastic containers get stained with tomato sauce and believe me it’s hard to clean them properly.
After many attempts and tests, here are my top tips and tricks for cleaning and removing tomato sauce stains from plastic.
1. Recover a tupperware stained with tomato sauce with baking soda
The best trick to clean and remove tomato sauce stains encrusted in the plastic of the container is baking soda.
- Rinse and remove excess tomato sauce and dry the plastic container.
- Dampen a cloth or sponge and sprinkle baking soda on the cloth.
- Scrub the inside of the tupperware vigorously, rinse and repeat as needed.
You can also sprinkle baking soda directly into the container and let sit for a few minutes to more easily clean tomato sauce stains and other food stains.
2. Naturally clean a plastic container with a lemon
Another natural and « super » easy and quick way to clean and remove orange stains in a plastic dish is to use a lemon.
- Cut a lemon in 2 and rub the inside of the container with the half lemon.
- Iron again with the other half lemon and place the container in the sun.
- Leave to act for several hours, rinse and the orange stains will have completely disappeared.
I confirm to you personally that the lemon is really very effective for having tested it on a container made orange because of my spaghetti sauce.
3. Mix lemon with baking soda
To clean your plastic container even more easily, why not use both baking soda and lemon juice!?
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda into the plastic dish.
- Then pour lemon juice and let the mixture foam and act for 1 minute.
- Rub the container with a sponge, pour very hot water and leave for 2 hours or more.
- Rinse, rub again and your plastic dish will be white again (transparent) like a new one.
4. An awesome trick to clean your Tupperwares
One last grandma’s trick that works every time to remove gravy stains, carrot stains, and other food stains is this:
- Pour liquid dish soap into the tupperware and fill 3/4 full with hot water.
- Add a sheet of absorbent paper (paper towel), close the container and shake for 2 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat until the tupperware is thoroughly clean and spotless.