How to remove a coffee stain? A coffee stain on a white garment, sofa or other fabrics is not always easy to clean. An old coffee stain well embedded in the fabric requires thorough cleaning.
10-Trucs offers you products and tips to remove a coffee stain effectively.
1. Clean a coffee stain with water
Why bother finding THE trick when water, yes yes, water can easily remove coffee stains from fabric! Of course, this trick only works on a fresh coffee stain and not on a dry, day-old stain. To do this you need:
- Simply and quickly wet the coffee stain with a little lukewarm water
- Rub lightly and repeat if the white garment is still stained with coffee
The water should get rid of this coffee stain quickly. If you still notice the presence of coffee, it is better to try another of our tips and tricks or even finish cleaning in the washing machine.
2. Use Marseille soap
If you are looking for a natural trick to clean everything and even to replace your laundry soap and some beauty care then Marseille soap is the solution. In fact it is a natural soap based on olive oil.
- Take a little wet Marseille soap and rub the coffee stain.
- Leave on for an hour and then rinse the garment to completely remove the coffee stain.
Marseille soap is really effective for coffee stains on fabrics but also for making your own laundry soap at home. If you don’t have one at home, here it is at a great price:
Marseille soap, Marius Fabre
- Natural soap with olive oil.
- Vegetable, organic and dye-free soap.
- For the realization of several cleansing recipes.
3. An egg yolk for coffee stains
Cleaning a fresh coffee stain is relatively easy with water, but an older, dry coffee stain takes a little longer. 10 Tips offers you below a grandmother’s tip which let’s say it is rather original!
- Mix an egg yolk with lukewarm water
- Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and place on the coffee stain
- Rub gently and leave on the coffee stain for a few minutes
- Rinse with a clean damp cloth and repeat as needed
Don’t forget to finish cleaning the garment in the washing machine to be sure to completely remove the coffee stain and the egg and water mixture.
4. Coffee stain and baking soda
It’s no secret that baking soda is a product to have around the house. Baking soda is useful for a multitude of chores around the house, even for removing coffee stains!
- Mix 1 cup of hot water with 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- Using a cloth then rub this mixture on the coffee stain
Effective in removing a coffee stain from fabrics, carpets and rugs. You can also use baking soda to clean a coffee stain on car seats or carpets.
- Large quantity of bicarbonate at the best price.
- Natural and organic cleaning product.
- To clean everything in the house.
Baking soda is also effective for other stubborn stains. Here are 2 other interesting articles: How to Remove a Dried Red Wine Stain and How to remove a beer stain?
5. Use glycerin against coffee stains
Another solution for successfully removing a dry and stubborn coffee stain is to use a mixture of water and glycerin. Here’s how to succeed with this anti-stain trick:
- Put a little warm glycerin on the coffee stain and let it act for a few moments
- Then rinse with a little water mixed with vinegar
Glycerin is a really, really good trick for cleaning up old coffee stains on fabrics and other surfaces.
6. A coffee stain on wool or silk
If you’ve stained a wool or silk item of clothing with coffee, then we may have the right cleaning solution for you! Here’s how to pull off this other cleaning trick:
- Mix equal parts 90 alcohol and water
- Dab the coffee stain with this solution
- Then dry with a clean, dry cloth.
Before trying to clean everything, it is better to test on a small area to be sure that the product does not damage the coloring of wool or silk.
For other cleaning tips for a silk garment, read my other article here: How to detach silk?
7. Use sodium perborate
Another very effective product for cleaning various stains on fabrics and other surfaces is sodium perborate or sodium perborate. This product has a very high whitening and stain-removing power, so ideal for removing stains, including coffee stains!
Just sprinkle it on the coffee stain and add a little warm water to then rub gently to clean everything. I advise you to complete the cleaning in the washing machine. This product is also very effective in restoring shine and whiteness to your white clothes when washing in the washing machine.