How to clean a sink? No matter how hard you rub it and clean it with specialized products, the sink never becomes as clean as it was when it started.
10 Tips offers you here the top tips and natural cleaning products to shine and clean the sink. Happy cleaning!
1. Cleaning the sink with vinegar
As with many other tips and tricks on 10-trucs.com, white vinegar is one of the most popular natural products for cleaning everything around the house. Here is the best method to clean the sink with this natural and free product:
- Place absorbent paper over the entire surface of the sink (you can use toilet paper or tissues if necessary)
- Then pour in vinegar to completely moisten the paper towel.
- Leave to act for about 45 minutes and remove the paper.
- Scrub and rinse sink with warm water to finish cleaning.
2. The Clay Stone to clean an acrylic sink
To clean an acrylic sink, we have the cleaning product you need. La Pierre d’Argile is a natural cleaner that cleans, maintains and protects various surfaces including acrylic.
In addition to being able to use this product to clean your bathroom sink, you can also use it for cleaning the acrylic bath and the resin sink. As it does not scratch, Stone Clay is perfect for almost all metals and surfaces.
- Cleans, polishes and protects the surface
- Ideal for kitchen and bathroom
- 100% natural cleaning product
If you have a natural stone washbasin or basin, Clay Stone is a good cleaning product for this type of surface. You can also use Blanc de Meudon to clean your black stone basin.
3. Washing the sink with toothpaste…Really?
If you want to test a grandmother’s recipe then toothpaste is undoubtedly the solution to clean but above all to make a sink shine.
- Wet a cloth and add a little toothpaste paste. (you can also use a sponge)
- Scrub the entire surface of the sink to remove stains and make everything shine.
- Rinse the surface of the sink well and dry thoroughly to complete the cleaning.
Your sink will shine like never before with this grandmother’s trick!
4. Lemon and salt to clean a sink
If your sink is very dirty and difficult to clean then we have a grandmother’s recipe just for you! This solution is ideal for removing the most stubborn stains from a sink and other surfaces.
- Cut a lemon in half and put a little salt on it.
- Rub the lemon over the entire surface of the sink, paying particular attention to stubborn stains.
- Leave to act for about 10 minutes.
- Scrub and rinse the sink well to finish cleaning stubborn stains.
An excellent trick to wash and shine a sink.
Be careful not to scratch or damage the sink surface with too much salt. To be tested on a small surface to start.
5. Wash a stainless steel sink with baking soda
If you want to clean and shine a stainless steel sink or basin then baking soda is a great product to use. It is important not to use this trick on a porcelain sink so as not to scratch the surface.
Just use a damp cloth or sponge and sprinkle some baking soda and scrub the surface of the stainless steel sink. A super simple trick to clean and shine a sink or sink in just seconds.
- Ideal for washing a stainless steel sink
- Cleans and deodorizes the whole house
- TOP quality price
Baking soda and bleach
To clean a very dirty sink or to remove small scratches, you can use baking soda and bleach. in small quantities. Here’s how:
- Simply mix a little bleach with baking soda and pour the mixture onto a sponge.
- Scrub your sink and rinse thoroughly to finish.
This mixture will be excellent for removing scratches as well as stubborn stains in the sink.
Is your bathroom sink porcelain? Many bathrooms have a washbasin or a white porcelain basin. But here is how to clean this “fragile” material without damaging it?
Indeed, as porcelain is a rather fragile material, it is important not to use powerful and chemical products. In fact, a simple soapy water and a sponge are enough to wash and maintain a porcelain sink.
7. A bit of White Spirit
For a very dirty and stained sink, white spirit or another similar product can be very effective for deep cleaning.
- Pour White Spirit on a wet sponge and scrub the sink.
- Rinse and wash the sink again, but this time with a sponge soaked in baking soda and soapy water.
A very effective cleaning tip for a very dirty and clogged sink! Oh yes, don’t forget to wear gloves because this product is very powerful!
8. Use a potato (stainless steel sink)
Just like our tips and tricks for making a sink shine, the potato can also be used to clean a stainless steel or stainless steel sink if you prefer. To do this you need:
- Scrub the stainless steel sink with potato peelings (you can also use potato slices)
- Leave to act for a few minutes, rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
A very effective grandmother’s trick also for the stainless steel sink in the kitchen! Come read more tips right here: How to make a stainless steel sink shine?
9. Use black soap (stainless steel sink)
Still to clean and shine a stainless steel sink, another product can be used, it is black soap. Have you ever heard of black soap?
Simply rub the stainless steel sink with a sponge or soft cloth and liquid black soap. Black soap can be used to wash the sink but also tiles, lino, ceramics, leather and even terracotta.
10. A bit of oven cleaner
Spray a little oven cleaner on the contours of your sink and it will regain its whiteness. Better to use this trick as a last resort so as not to risk damaging your beautiful bathroom sink!
But pay attention to the type of material in your sink so as not to damage it because the oven cleaner is very powerful, so be careful!
Your sink shines like never before so why not also discover our tips for a toilet that smells good: How to have a toilet that always smells good?