How to clean a heavily scaled shower head? The shower head should be cleaned from time to time to avoid lime deposits and other dirt.
Soap stain, lime stain, mold, here are my tips and tricks for cleaning a shower head.
1. Clean the shower head with vinegar
Vinegar, and yes vinegar again! 🙂 White vinegar is a natural and cleaning product that can be used to clean the shower head!
- Fill a basin with white vinegar and soak the shower head.
- Leave on overnight and rinse off the next day. Dry with a cloth to finish.
How to clean a shower head mounted on the shower wall?
If you can’t remove the showerhead then here’s how to descale it:
- Fill a freezer bag (Ziploc bag) with white vinegar.
- Place the showerhead in the opening of the bag and securely attach the bag with the vinegar to the showerhead overnight.
- When you wake up, limescale and grime should be completely dissolved from the knob.
2. Descale a shower head with baking soda
Limescale stains can be difficult to remove in the shower and on the faucets.
So if you notice limestone on the shower head, this other tip may be useful to you.
- Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Mix well and rub the lime stains with a cloth or better yet an old toothbrush.
- Rinse with water and dry with a soft cloth to shine the showerhead.
3. Wash the shower head with a lemon
Lemon is a 100% natural and effective trick to clean, descale and shine the shower head!
Indeed, lemon is an excellent natural descaler in addition to being an excellent disinfectant and deodorant. A natural 3 for 1 to clean the bathroom!
- Cut a lemon in half and scrub the shower head.
- Add a little baking soda for stubborn limescale stains.
- Rinse, dry and shine with a microfiber cloth to finish.
Lemon juice works too!
You can also just use a cloth with lemon juice to clean the shower head if you don’t have fresh lemon at home.
4. Shine the shower head
To make the shower head shine you can use a fabric softener sheet. Simply rub the fabric softener sheet over the chrome surface of the shower head to make it shine.
This simple little trick makes the faucets in the bathroom and kitchen shine.
This trick is also effective on bathroom faucets. Come read these other tips and tricks: Shine the faucets.
5. Other tips and tricks for cleaning the shower head
Now here are some other tips and products you can use for showerhead cleaning and descaling:
- hydrogen peroxide
- Carbonated water
- household alcohol
The procedure is identical, rub the knob with the desired product with a cloth (or sponge) and rinse with water to finish.