How to easily clean a microwave? Here at home the microwave becomes dirty and clogged very quickly so over time we develop some easy tricks to clean the inside of the appliance.
I therefore propose to you today on 10-Tips some of my best tips and tricks for easily cleaning a microwave oven. Happy cleaning!
1. Clean a microwave with hot steam
The best trick you can use to easily clean the inside of a microwave is hot steam. Here’s how to do this cleaning trick:
- Fill a small bowl (which can go in the microwave) with water and add a little white vinegar.
- Heat for 3 to 5 minutes depending on the power of the device and the amount of water to be heated.
- Then pass a damp cloth to clean and loosen dirt and residue on the interior walls of the microwave oven.
The steam will loosen grease and dirt easily. To add a good smell, add a little lemon juice to water and vinegar. But be careful, let the hot water stand because it may be hot.
2. Wash the inside of the microwave with a lemon
A natural trick that allows you to clean the inside of the microwave oven in addition to giving a good smell is lemon or orange.
- Cut a lemon in half and rub the entire interior of the appliance, insisting on the stains.
- Leave for a few minutes and rub again with a damp cloth or sponge to remove all food residue.
In addition to cleaning and easily removing food stuck to the walls of the appliance, the lemon will help remove bad odors in the microwave.
3. Clean a microwave with baking soda
You can also clean the inside of the microwave oven with baking soda and water. Very easy to do, here’s how:
- Start by removing excess food residue with a damp cloth.
- Dampen a new cloth or sponge and sprinkle baking soda on it.
- Scrub the inside of the microwave again to remove any remaining food residue.
You can also heat a small bowl with water and baking soda (2 tablespoons) and do as tip #1 for the next step.
4. Wash the inside of a microwave with the clay stone
Similar to the baking soda trick, Stone Clay is another natural product that can effectively and easily clean a microwave oven.
- Dampen a sponge or cloth and apply clay stone to it.
- Scrub the entire interior surface of the microwave to thoroughly dislodge all food residue.
- Rinse with a cloth and water to finish cleaning the microwave.
Whether it is for cleaning the microwave oven or for other tips and tricks found on 10-trucs.com here is a quality clay stone:
- Natural clay-based cleanser.
- Allows you to naturally clean everything in the house.
- Cleans, polishes and protects surfaces.
5. Remove the bad smell in a microwave
If despite cleaning there are still bad odors in your microwave then here are some solutions to eliminate them effectively.
- Heat a small bowl filled with water and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Wipe the inside of the microwave well to finish.
- Heat a container with water and vanilla extract for a few minutes. Let the container stand so you don’t burn yourself.
These two tips are effective against cooking odors but also to remove the smell of burning in the microwave oven.
6. Prevent spattering with a microwave cover
Of course, if you want to avoid always cleaning and degreasing the inside of the microwave oven then one gadget to have is the microwave cover.
Where to buy a microwave cover?
No need to spend a lot on this lid! Here is one identical to what I use at home and is really cheap on Amazon:
- Ideal against splashes in the microwave.
- With small holes to release hot steam.
- Easy to use and clean.
Put the lid on the baking dishes:
We don’t always think about it, but when you put a dish in the microwave you should always place (without closing it, just put it down) its lid on the dish to prevent food splashes.
You now know how to wash a microwave but do you know how to clean the toaster? Here is the article that shows you how to do it: How to clean a toaster inside?