How to clean white PVC windows? Although PVC windows are easy to maintain, they still require regular and rigorous maintenance in order to maintain their good condition and longevity.
Marseille soap, recipe based on acetone, white vinegar… Quickly discover all of our tips and tricks for cleaning a PVC window and its outline.
1. Regularly clean the outline of PVC windows
To avoid stubborn stains on PVC windows, it is important to dust them and wash them as often as possible.
Take advantage of window cleaning to wash the outline of PVC windows at the same time. This is all the more important on white pvc where dirt and stains can be very apparent.
2. Simply soapy water!
The very first thing to do is to wash the outline of your PVC windows with soapy water:
- Mix a little liquid dish soap with lukewarm water and rub around the PVC window with a sponge or cloth.
You can also use Marseille soap mixed with water for cleaning PVC windows and contours.
3. Clean pvc windows with white vinegar
If you like to read the tips and tricks of 10-Trucs, you know how popular white vinegar is and is used for the realization of our tips and home remedies!
So why not use this 100% natural product to clean pvc?
- Mix equal parts white vinegar with lukewarm water.
- Pour the mixture into a bottle and spray the solution on the surface to be cleaned.
- Leave to act for a few minutes and rub with a cloth all around the window.
White vinegar is a natural and inexpensive tip for cleaning everything around the house.
4. A cleaning solution with soda crystals
To clean heavily soiled white PVC soda crystals can be used as a homemade cleaner. Here’s how to do this trick:
- Fill a large container with lukewarm water and add 3 to 4 tablespoons of soda crystals.
- Mix the solution well and rub around the windows with a sponge or cloth.
- Rinse with water and dry with a dry cloth to finish.
You can also replace the soda crystals with baking soda for a similar result on white PVC.
5. Using bleach on PVC
Bleach is a chemical that must be handled with care, taking care to protect your hands and eyes.
So to clean and shine a white PVC window here is what to do:
- Fill a large bucket with lukewarm water and add a tablespoon of bleach.
- Add 3 spoonfuls of crystals or baking soda to the solution.
- Mix well, protect your hands well and rub the PVC surface with a sponge.
- Rinse with clean water and dry around the window to finish.
WARNING, use this bleach trick only on white PVC, never on colored PVC because you risk discoloring it.
6. White Spirit on PVC it works!
If your PVC windows are very dirty and clogged, you will need to use a more powerful and degreasing product.
- Pour a little white spirit on a cloth and rub around the edge of the window.
- Then rinse with a cloth and clear water and dry the surface to finish.
White spirit is also effective for bleaching yellowed PVC or even plastic yellowed by time and the sun.
7. Use oven cleaner
Always against very stubborn stains and very dirty and greasy window contours, the oven cleaner is also effective.
- Just spray the product and rub with a sponge the entire surface.
- Leave on for a few minutes and rinse with clear water to complete the cleaning.
Read the instructions behind the cleaning product carefully to avoid damaging your windows.
8. Acetone on PVC…Yes or No?
Several tips and tricks sites suggest using acetone to clean PVC windows. Although acetone is effective and powerful against certain stains, it is not recommended to use it on PVC.
Be careful, acetone can discolor the color, make the surface dull or worse, melt the PVC. Never use acetone on a PVC window surround.