How to wash and shine a vinyl floor? Vinyl flooring has regained popularity in recent years. Like other types of parquet and floors, vinyl requires special maintenance.
So to get it clean and shiny here are my best tips and products for cleaning a vinyl floor.
1. Vacuum the vinyl floor
Before thinking about cleaning and tips for removing stubborn stains from vinyl, you must remove dust and other dirt.
- So use a broom or better yet a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dirt from the vinyl floor.
It is important to vacuum first so as not to scratch the vinyl with dirt and small rocks during cleaning.
2. Quickly clean up liquids that have fallen on the vinyl
Regardless of the liquid, it is important to quickly absorb and clean liquid stains such as juice or water stains.
- Use a paper towel to quickly soak up all the liquid.
- Rinse with a new damp cloth and soapy water.
- Dry the surface with a soft, dry cloth to finish.
A juice stain will become sticky and difficult to remove from a vinyl floor if you don’t clean it up quickly.
3. Baking soda cleansing paste
To clean stubborn stains on a vinyl floor, one solution is to use water and baking soda.
- Pour water into a container and add baking soda.
- Mix and form a dough that is neither too runny nor too firm (add more water or baking soda as needed).
- Apply the cleaning paste directly to the sticky spots.
- Gently rub with a cloth and rinse with another damp cloth the vinyl.
This baking soda-based paste is particularly effective at removing forgotten food stains from vinyl flooring.
4. Wash the vinyl with water and ammonia
An ideal cleaning tip for washing and staining vinyl flooring is to use water and ammonia.
Here’s how to prepare and make this cleanser:
- Add 4 parts water to 1 part ammonia in a bucket.
- Wash the entire vinyl floor with this solution and a mop.
In addition to making the floor shine, this solution will help remove old stains from the vinyl.
5. White vinegar as a natural cleanser
If you are still wondering what to clean a vinyl floor with then white vinegar is a 100% natural cleaner that you can use at home.
Here’s how to pull off this other trick:
- Pour 2 cups of white vinegar into 3 liters of water.
- Use a sponge, wring out and scrub the vinyl flooring with the solution.
- Then rinse the entire surface with a slightly damp cloth.
Vinegar is effective for washing vinyl flooring but also for many other surfaces in the house.
6. Clean and shine the vinyl with black soap
Another cleaning product that you can use to both clean and shine a vinyl floor is Savon Noir.
- Add 3 liters of lukewarm water and 4 tablespoons of liquid black soap to a bucket.
- Mix and use a mop (mop) to clean the floor with this solution.
- Rinse the floor with a clean mop and clean water to finish.
7. Other vinyl floor maintenance tips
Whether it’s for cleaning or maintaining a vinyl floor, here are some other practical tips and advice to know:
- Protect the legs of furniture, tables and chairs with markers to avoid scratching and damaging the vinyl.
- Install blinds and/or other window coverings to limit exposure of the floor to the sun’s rays.
- Install rugs at the different entrances to the house to prevent dirt and small rocks from ending up on the floor
- Vacuum weekly (at a minimum) to avoid stains and scratches on the vinyl.
- Apply a wax specifically for vinyl flooring to shine and shine the surface. Carefully follow the instructions on the polishing product.
Are you also looking for a way to make a ceramic floor shine? Here is an article to discover: How to clean ceramic?