How to clean car windows without leaving streaks?
Whether it’s the windshield or the other windows in your car, it’s important to clean them well to ensure optimal visibility at all times.
I offer in this article some cleaner tips and recipes to clean your car windows without leaving streaks!
1. Wash car windows with vinegar water
A first trick, which in my opinion is the simplest and most economical way to clean the windows of your car without leaving traces is white vinegar.
- Pour an equal amount of white vinegar and lukewarm water into a spray bottle.
- Mix and spray the vinegar water on the windows and clean with a microfiber cloth.
To perfume the interior of the car at the same time as you clean the windows, you can add a few drops of essential oil of your choice.
2. Clean your car windows with warm soapy water
Another easy homemade cleaner to wash windows and windshields without leaving streaks is to use warm soapy water.
- Pour hot water into a bottle and add a capful of washing up liquid.
- Spray on glass and windshield and rub with a soft cloth.
- Rinse with a damp cloth and dry the surface well with a microfiber cloth to finish.
You can add a little white vinegar to the mixture for more effectiveness against stains.
3. Clean car windows with rubbing alcohol
One product that is very effective for cleaning car windows as well as cleaning glass surfaces is rubbing alcohol.
Here’s how to use it in your car:
- Start by dusting the windows and windshield with a damp cloth.
- Then soak a cloth in rubbing alcohol and rub the car windows.
- Use a new, soft, dry cloth to wipe the windows streak-free.
In addition to cleaning windows, you can also use it to clean plastic accessories in the car and home.
4. Homemade Glass and Windshield Cleaner Recipe
Now, here is a homemade cleaner recipe designed specifically to clean and restore shine to your car’s windows and windshields.
- Mix 1/4 cup of Marseille soap in 1 cup of hot water.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of Blanc de Meudon and mix well.
- Clean the windows with this solution and a soft cloth and let dry.
Finish with a polishing of the windows with a chamois leather to leave no trace on the windows and the windshield of the car.
5. Use car glass cleaner
Of course, if you don’t want to waste your time making your own car glass cleaner then you can opt for a commercial cleaner designed specifically for cars.
There are several cleaning products for windows and windshields. Personally, I often use Meguiar’s products for the car, including this one:
Glass and windshield cleaner
- Effectively cleans the windshield and car windows.
- Removes stubborn stains and streaks from glass.
- It also acts as an excellent anti-fog for the windshield.