How to clean EVERYTHING with white vinegar?
If you visit 10-trucs.com often, you know that we love using white vinegar to concoct our home remedies and recipes!
So I take this opportunity to share with you today my best tips and tricks for cleaning everything at home with white vinegar.
1. Clean toilets with white vinegar
To begin with, did you know that it was possible to clean toilets with white vinegar? Very simple, here’s how:
- Pour 2 to 3 cups of white vinegar into a saucepan and heat.
- Gently pour the solution down the sides of the toilet bowl.
- Leave on for 2 hours or more, clean and scrub with the brush to remove stains well.
White vinegar will descale the bottom of the toilet well, and this, naturally!
2. Clean windows with vinegar
Another thing that you can clean naturally with vinegar is glass and windows. Here’s how to make this cleaning solution:
- Mix 1 cup of vinegar with 1 cup of water and pour into a spray bottle.
- Spray the liquid on the windows and rub with a sponge or cloth.
- Wipe with a soft, dry cloth to finish cleaning the windows.
To remove « more » stubborn stains on the windows, you can add a little dishwashing liquid to the mixture. or better still use pure vinegar, without diluting it with water.
3. Clean and descale the washing machine with vinegar
Washing in cold water is economical and ecological, but unfortunately bacteria, stains and mold can remain and multiply in the washing machine.
Here’s how to clean your washing machine with white vinegar:
- Pour 4 cups of white vinegar directly into the drum of the machine.
- Then do an empty wash in hot water and another in the normal cycle to finish.
Repeat this cleaning 2 to 3 times a year to thoroughly clean, descale and sanitize the washing machine.
You can also use white vinegar to clean dirty gaskets and the detergent drawer of your washing machine.
4. Clean and deodorize the pipes with white vinegar
Over time, an odor can emerge from the pipes and pipes in the house. One solution to clean and deodorize these pipes is to use white vinegar!
- Simply pour white vinegar down the drain and let it work.
- Rinse with water and repeat adding baking soda as needed.
To clean and degrease pipes and drains, it is best to use warm white vinegar. You can prevent odors in drains by repeating this trick 2-3 times a year.
5. Clean a wooden table with vinegar
To clean, polish and restore the shine to your old wooden table, there is a natural and free trick. A cleanser made with vinegar and vegetable oil!
- Mix in a bowl 1 tablespoon of vinegar with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix very well and apply the mixture to the wood with a soft cloth.
It’s a great trick to restore the shine to a table and other old furniture, but also to naturally degrease the wood.
6. Remove stains from fabrics with white vinegar
White vinegar can also be useful for cleaning and removing stains from certain fabrics such as rugs and carpets.
- Soak a cloth in white vinegar and rub the stains.
- Rinse with a new damp cloth and allow to air dry.
You can use white vinegar to remove these stubborn stains from fabrics:
- coffee stain
- ink and pen stain
- juice stain, etc.
7. Vinegar to clean and shine dishes
Whether in the dishwasher or by hand, know that white vinegar can be used to clean and shine dishes naturally.
Simply add white vinegar to the rinse water to:
- to clean
- and shine the dishes
You can also clean pans by mixing white vinegar with a little salt. It’s a great trick to clean and shine copper pans for example.
8. Clean and remove lime stains with vinegar
White vinegar is also a great natural cleaner for removing limescale stains. You can therefore use vinegar as an anti-scale product to descale:
- the kettle
- the coffee machine
- the shower head
- the iron
To be really effective against limescale, the white vinegar must be left to act for 15 to 30 minutes.
9. Vinegar to clean and deodorize a microwave oven
Another thing to clean with white vinegar is the microwave oven. It’s a great trick to easily clean the entire interior of your small appliance.
Here’s how to do this cleaning trick:
- Pour pure white vinegar with water into a bowl and place it in the microwave.
- Run the appliance for a few moments to heat the vinegar and let it act.
- After 15-30 minutes, use a damp cloth to clean the inside of the microwave.
The steam and vinegar will loosen stains and food residue stuck to the walls of the microwave oven.
10. What not to clean with white vinegar?
Of course, white vinegar shouldn’t be used to clean every surface in a home. Here are some materials and surfaces that should not be washed with vinegar:
- the concrete
- porous tile joints
- fragile surfaces
- waxed wood
No matter what surface you want to clean with the vinegar, it’s best to always test the product on a small, inconspicuous area.