How to clean glass? The kitchen glasses, the glass table as well as the other glass objects must be well cleaned to preserve their brilliance and brilliance.
As the glass gets dirty easily I propose in this article practical tips and products to clean and shine glass.
If you are looking for the best thing to clean (by hand) but also to shine kitchen glasses then nothing could be simpler: Hot water!
When cleaning kitchen glasses it is important that the wash water is very clean, so always start cleaning the glasses first.
- Add hot water to the kitchen sink and add some liquid dish soap.
- Wash wine glasses and goblets with a soft sponge and rinse with hot water.
- Dry the glasses on a tea towel right side up to avoid fogging and water spots on the glass.
Little tip: Place the glasses upside down for 1 minute to properly drain the rinse water and then turn them right side up to finish drying the glasses.
2. Tip for deep cleaning glass
If the glass is very dirty and clogged, one solution is to mix soda crystals in hot water.
Here is how to declog the glass:
- Fill the sink with hot water and add 1/2 glass (1 handful) of soda crystals.
- Soak glasses and other small glass objects for a few minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and let dry on a cloth to finish cleaning the glass.
For quick and even drying of glass and dishes on the counter use a rack.
3. Clean a glass table with white vinegar
If you have a glass table or other glass furniture, a solution to clean everything is white vinegar.
Here’s how to pull off this vinegar trick:
- Run a cloth or sponge dampened with warm water over the glass to remove as much dust and dirt as possible.
- Soak a new cloth in white vinegar and water and wash the glass table.
- Rinse with a new, slightly damp cloth and dry quickly with a dry, soft cloth to finish.
4. Rub the glass with a potato
A grandma’s trick that works well for making glass shine is the potato trick! Do you know this stuff?
- Cut a potato in half and rub the entire surface of the glass.
- Then wash the glass with hot soapy water and rinse with hot water to finish.
This trick also works for crystal. To discover other cleaning tips, it’s here: How to clean crystal?
5. Remove fingerprints from glass
Tables, work desks and other glass furniture are very beautiful but stain easily especially because of fingerprints!
Here is how to remove finger stains from glass:
- Mix a little ammonia (a few drops are enough) with water.
- Soak a soft cloth in this solution and wash the glass, insisting on fingerprints.
- Then quickly dry the glass with a new dry cloth.
*Always wear gloves to protect your hands when handling this type of product.
6. Remove limescale in a glass carafe
If you are looking for a way to remove stains and limescale residue in a glass carafe then here is a natural trick to try:
- Pour lemon juice into the carafe and add a little table salt.
- Mix by shaking the carafe (keep the opening closed) and leave to act for several hours.
- Empty the solution and rinse the glass carafe with hot water and dry with a soft cloth.
You can also use alcohol vinegar to clean the bottom of a clogged and dirty glass decanter or bottle.