How to clean the seals of the fridge and the freezer? The fridge seal is of paramount importance for your fridge and your food. Unfortunately over the years the seal of the fridge can become dirty, greasy and moldy.
10 Tips offers you the best tips and products to clean a moldy fridge gasket.
1. Clean the seal of the fridge with toothpaste
A grandma’s first trick for a dirty, moldy fridge gasket is to use toothpaste. Indeed, toothpaste is a product widely used for different cleaning tasks in the house.
It is therefore possible to clean the seal of the refrigerator with toothpaste paste (do not use toothpaste gel). As toothpaste is an excellent sanitizer and therefore a deodorant, it is perfect for cleaning the seal of the fridge.
- Apply toothpaste to the joint to be cleaned and leave to act for a few moments.
- Scrub with a soft brush or cloth to thoroughly clean and whiten the fridge gasket.
2. Clean the seal of the fridge and the freezer with baking soda
And yes, another trick from grandmother based on baking soda and water. 🙂 Here’s how to do this cleaning trick:
- Mix water with baking soda
- Form a kind of soup paste with the 2 ingredients
- Scrub and clean refrigerator gaskets to complete cleaning
Don’t forget to wash well at the end to remove all traces of baking soda from the joints. An excellent tip for cleaning but also for whiten a joint of fridge.
3. Remove mold from the fridge seal
Mold in a house can cause health problems for the occupants, hence the importance of acting quickly, even for a simple moldy fridge gasket.
To remove all traces of mold on the seals of the refrigerator, vinegar is a very effective natural solution!
- Soak a cloth in white vinegar and rub along the refrigerator door seal.
- Rinse with a cloth and water to finish cleaning the joint.
An effective tip for cleaning and above all removing mold and moisture stains at the seal of the refrigerator door but also of the freezer.
No matter what trick you choose to clean the fridge seal, remember to dry the seal well before closing the fridge or freezer door to prevent mold from forming.
Now that the fridge gaskets are clean and white why not give your fridge a deep clean? How to clean a fridge?