How to clean the inside of your very dirty car?
Is your car interior dirty, dusty and has a bad smell? If you don’t take the time to clean the interior of the car regularly, it can quickly become messy and very dirty!
Cleaning the inside of a car with homemade tips and products is possible. 10-Tricks presents you in this article good cleaning tips to clean a very dirty car. Happy cleaning!
1. Deodorize the seats with baking soda
Baking soda is a product that you absolutely must have at home both for household chores and in the kitchen.
So if you have cloth car seats in the car here is what can be done:
- Sprinkle a little baking soda on the seats and leave for several hours.
- Then vacuum to remove any traces of baking soda on the fabric.
For an instant feeling of freshness in the car, this baking soda trick is ideal!
– Another article you may like: How to clean car seats?
2. Leather seats to clean in the car?
Do you have leather seats in your car? If simple lukewarm water is not enough, here is how to clean them:
To remove stubborn and encrusted stains on a leather seat, a simple cloth with soapy water should be enough to clean everything.
For more efficiency use hot water with liquid soap or a mixture of linseed oil and vinegar.
– Another article on leather to read: How to make leather shine?
3. Use rubbing alcohol to clean plastic
Did you know that rubbing alcohol can be used to clean certain surfaces in your car, including plastic?
Very easy to do, here’s how:
- Soak a cloth with rubbing alcohol (or rubbing alcohol).
- Rub the surface to be cleaned with the cloth, paying particular attention to stubborn stains.
You can use household alcohol for cleaning plastic and cleaning car windows.
In the spring, it is common to see white spots on car carpets. These stains are often caused by calcium, snow, ice, rain, road salt and others.
Here is a little homemade recipe to make these white spots disappear:
- Mix 1 liter of hot water with 1/3 liter of white vinegar (or alcohol vinegar if you prefer).
- Take a cloth and vigorously rub the white spots with this solution.
For more efficiency and to clean car mats thoroughly, use a brush to scrub “very” stubborn stains.
Does your pet often travel with you in the car? Cat and dog hair can quickly become a problem in a home so imagine in a small space like a car.
So here are 2 quick and easy tips for removing pet hair:
- Use a dishcloth and rub the seats in circular motions to make hairballs easy to pick up.
- Use an anti-hair brush to remove all cat and dog hair quickly. You can use an adhesive roller type brush or an electrostatic brush.
- Use old pantyhose and rub the fabric or even the plastic. The static electricity created by the nylon stocking will attract all the hair and dirt into the car.
– Another article you will love: How to remove cat hair?
For stubborn stains on (cloth) car seats and carpets the following recipe may be useful:
- Mix lukewarm water, white vinegar and soda crystals.
- Apply the mixture directly to the stains, leave to act for a few minutes and rub with a cloth.
Ammonia can also be used to clean stubborn and encrusted stains inside a car.
Be careful, you must protect your hands and eyes and ventilate the car well when using ammonia as a stain remover.