How to clean a barbecue grill? Eating food that has been cooked on the barbecue is simply delicious! The meats are cooked to perfection and the flavors seem more explosive than when they are cooked in the oven or on a vulgar pan.
For all the fun of barbecuing, cleaning up at the end is a lot less fun. 10-Trucs presents below tips for cleaning a barbecue grill easily.
1. Clean the grates before using the barbecue
Wait for the next use to thoroughly clean the barbecue grill. For a good cleaning you must:
- Light the BBQ and heat to high
- Wait a few minutes for the grease stuck to the grid to melt and come off
- Then take a piece of newspaper and roll it into a ball.
- Rub the barbecue grills with the ball of newspaper (be careful not to burn yourself)
You will see, the cleaning of your barbecue grills will be done wonderfully. A simple little trick to quickly clean the grill of your barbecue without having to buy a cleaning product in store.
2. A brush to clean a barbecue grill
It’s no secret that a brush is necessary to properly clean and maintain a barbecue grill. It is still important to buy a quality brush for good cleaning but also to avoid damaging the barbecue grill.
A little advice, do not buy a gadget for cleaning the barbecue grill. We see all kinds of brushes with 2 or 3 uses and sometimes even with a flash light! 10 Tips offers you a brush model that is very popular with users on Amazon.
BBQ cleaning brush
- 3 in 1 brush to clean the BBQ grill
- Effectively cleans and degreases the grids
- Can be used on all types of grills
- TOP quality price!
3. Clean the inside of the barbecue
Of course, our article here is about cleaning the barbecue grill. But it is still necessary that the inside of the barbecue remains clean to better preserve the grids and ensure that your food is cooked properly.
- So to clean the inside of the barbecue:
- Mix a little warm water with liquid dish soap.
- Clean your entire barbecue with this mixture.
Warning: for a gas barbecue, the gas inlets must be protected with aluminum foil so as not to damage everything with soap and water.
4. Barbecue baking sheet
Did you know that it was possible to place a special sheet directly on the barbecue grill for cooking your meats and vegetables on the BBQ? This cooking sheet is ideal for keeping all the flavor and juices of your food but also for keeping the BBQ grill clean.
There are several models of sheets and cooking mats for barbecues. 10 Tricks offers you below
You will find on Amazon different models of sheets and cooking mats specially designed for the Barbecue. Here is a very popular model online:
BBQ grill mat
- BBQ Non-Stick Mat
- Reusable and easy to clean mat
- Protects food during cooking
- TOP quality price!
5. Clean the BBQ grill with soapy water
To clean your barbecue grills, you can simply use soapy water.
- Take a bucket of hot water and add dish soap
- Add white vinegar to your mixture for optimal cleaning of the BBQ grills
- Scrub the barbecue grill with the mixture and a large brush
- Dry well to avoid rust formation
Be careful, however, not to damage the enamel of your barbecue grill because rust may quickly set in. Hence the importance of drying the grid well once finished.
6. A barbecue insert and grill cleaner
Of course, if you can’t easily dislodge everything, you can opt for a super cleaning product to wash the barbecue grill. Certain products designed to clean glass fireplace inserts or to clean ceramic hobs can be used to clean the barbecue grill.
Here is a cleaning product for inserts and DecapFeu barbecue grills. The ideal product for cleaning a very dirty barbecue grill.
Insert and grid cleaner
- Powerful cleaner to clean everything
- For bbq grills and inserts
- Loosens dirt quickly and easily
- Adheres to smooth, vertical surfaces
7. Clean your BBQ grill with ammonia
How to Use Ammonia to Clean a Very Dirty BBQ Grill? Here’s how:
- Mix 1 part ammonia to 2 parts water
- Spread this mixture on the barbecue grates
- Then wrap paper towel around your grids
- Place them in plastic bags (garbage bags) that will be hermetically sealed
- Wait a few hours for a thorough cleaning of the grids
A trick that allows you to thoroughly clean the barbecue grill. In the end, a nice clean grill ready to receive your next grilling recipe.
8. Aluminum foil to clean a barbecue grill
To clean the barbecue grills without forcing too much, here is a very effective trick. The aluminum foil!
- Place sheets of aluminum foil on your grids
- Place the shiny side of the paper facing the grids
- Then open the barbecue to its maximum power
- Wait between 10 to 20 minutes. (depending on the strength of your barbecue and the grease on your grills)
- Pass a brush stroke on the grills of the BBQ to complete the cleaning
Thanks to this trick of aluminum foil you transform your barbecue into a self-cleaning oven and all the dirt will dissipate from the grids
9. Leave the barbecue grills on the lawn
Well this stuff is a little humorous, but many people will certainly be willing to try it. To do this you must:
- Remove the grill from the barbecue
- Leave the barbecue grate directly on the grass
- Leave the grid there overnight.
- Dew, insects and small animals will take care of cleaning the grids
Of course the next day don’t forget to clean the barbecue grill with soapy water before cooking your chicken skewer for dinner.
10. Soak barbecue grates
To facilitate the cleaning of the grids:
- Soak the grates in hot water
- Add detergent with a little vinegar
- Leave the grids to soak for a few hours or better overnight.
Warning: If your grills are badly enameled, it is better to avoid soaking because rust may invade the grills of the barbecue.
You can add hot water often to speed up the cleaning or simply leave it on longer.
11. Use Baking Soda
Baking soda can work wonders for cleaning the barbecue grill.
- Take a bucket of water and add baking soda.
- Scrub the grill with this mixture of water and baking soda. (Use a brush or cloth)
This mixture will be a good degreaser for your grates to remove all grease and dry food on the grates. Be careful not to damage the enamel of your grill as rust may form there.
This trick can also be used for cleaning the oven as proposed in this article: How do I clean the oven racks?
12. Clean the barbecue grill with white vinegar
White vinegar is a miracle ingredient for many household cleaning tasks.
- Wipe the barbecue grill with a cloth and white vinegar.
- Or soak your grates in water mixed with white vinegar. (in equal quantity)
- Leave to soak for 30 minutes.
This will be perfect for degreasing your grills. For more stubborn stains simply add a little more vinegar.
13. Use lemon for your BBQ grills
How to clean a barbecue grill with lemon?
Lemon has degreasing properties and therefore perfect for your barbecue grills and even for the oven rack in the house.
- Take a lemon and cut it in half.
- Rub the barbecue grill with the half lemon to remove all the grease from your grills.
A 100% natural tip for deep cleaning a bbq grill.
In addition to the grills of the barbecue and the oven why not use it to detach the interior of the oven? Come quickly read this article: How to clean a very very dirty oven?