How to clean white sneakers?
White shoes, I love them, but they can quickly become dirty and stained. So what to do to regain the shine of your white sneakers?
I offer you my best tips and tricks for naturally cleaning white fabric shoes.
1. Clean white cloth shoes with baking soda
A first tip for cleaning white fabric or canvas sneakers is to use baking soda. Here’s how to do this first trick:
- Dampen a soft-bristled brush with warm water and sprinkle with baking soda.
- Rub the shoes, paying particular attention to the stains on the fabric.
- Rinse with a sponge and water and let your sneakers air dry.
Using baking soda on your white shoes is particularly effective at removing dirt and grass stains.
2. Recipe for lemon soapy water to wash white sneakers
It is also possible to concoct a mixture of soapy water with lemon juice to clean white shoes and remove various stains on the fabric.
Here’s how to make this cleansing recipe:
- In a bowl, mix one cup of warm water and 1 tablespoon of dish soap.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of white vinegar.
- Mix well and rub the white fabric of the shoes with the mixture and a sponge.
- Rinse the shoes with a damp cloth and let dry in a room away from direct sunlight.
For stubborn stains, such as grass stains, you can scrub them with vinegar or lemon juice alone, without diluting with water.
3. Wash white canvas shoes with soda crystals
Similar to the baking soda trick, you can also use baking soda to remove stains and even whiten your white cloth shoes.
- Pour 2 cups of warm water into a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of soda crystals.
- Mix well to completely dissolve the crystals in the water and rub your canvas sneakers.
- Rinse with a damp sponge and dry in a room away from direct sunlight.
No matter the trick, I suggest you always dry your white shoes (canvas and fabric) out of direct sunlight to prevent yellowing of the fabric.
4. Remove stains from white shoes with toothpaste
If you like grandma’s tricks then the next one should please you. This is a toothpaste trick ?
- Apply a little white paste toothpaste to an old toothbrush or a cloth and rub your shoes.
- Insist on the level of stubborn stains, rinse with a damp cloth and dry in the open air, away from the sun.
It is important for this trick to use only the white paste toothpaste, not the gel toothpaste, because you risk staining the fabric of your white sneakers.
5. Clean and bleach your white fabric sneakers
If in addition to looking for something to clean your sneakers, you are also looking for a way to whiten the fabric then 70° alcohol is a must!
- Impregnate an old toothbrush (or other brush) with 70° alcohol.
- Clean the entire fabric surface of your shoes to whiten them well.
- Soak a sponge in warm water and rinse the fabric and dry them to finish.
You can also simply use white vinegar to bleach the white of your canvas sneakers if you prefer.