How to clean car headlights? A mixture of water and baking soda, white paste toothpaste, wd-40, many are the tricks to clean and renovate car headlights.
Today I offer you 10-tips of effective tips and products for cleaning car headlights.
Here are the tips and tricks for renovating car headlights:
1. Clean car headlights with toothpaste
The first tip for cleaning and renovating car headlights is white paste toothpaste!
Indeed, if your car headlights are dull and increasingly opaque, toothpaste can really restore the sparkle and shine to car lights. Here is how to use the toothpaste:
- Start by cleaning the headlight with a cloth and water.
- Then apply the white toothpaste to the entire surface of the headlight.
- Use a cloth to rub the entire surface of the light.
- Rinse and dry with a soft cloth to finish.
The toothpaste cleans but also fades the appearance of scratches on the headlights, but also on the bodywork of your car.
2. Renovate car headlights with WD-40
We all or almost all have WD-40 at home, in the workshop, don’t we? So did you know that you can use this lubricating product to clean and restore his car’s headlights?
Indeed, this product can be used to quickly restore the brightness and shine of the headlights. Unfortunately the result is not long term because you will have to start over regularly to keep your headlights clean and transparent.
- Spray on all the headlights to be renovated with WD-40.
- Leave to act for a few seconds and rub with a dry cloth quickly.
- Rub again with a clean, soft cloth to polish the surface well.
This trick eliminates the opacity of the headlights but temporarily, you will have to start again after about 5 or 7 days.
3. Baking soda for a yellowed or dull headlight
Over the years, car headlights can become dull and even yellow, so what can you do to clean them properly?
Baking soda is a natural product that you can use very well to clean car headlights and to fade the yellow on the plastic.
Here’s how to pull off the baking soda trick:
- Start by cleaning the headlights with soapy water.
- Then wet a sponge and sprinkle some baking soda.
- Thoroughly rub the entire surface of the yellowed and dull plastic.
- Rinse the surface and dry with a soft cloth.
4. Clean the headlight lenses with the white stone
Another natural and effective way to clean headlight lenses is to use white stone or clay stone.
- Clean the headlights with a sponge and soapy water to remove dead insects and other dirt stuck to the surface.
- Then rub the headlight lenses with a soft cloth and clay stone.
- Rinse the entire surface and repeat until the headlights are bright.
- Dry once more and finally apply a silicone-based product to protect the headlights.
5. The real solution for renovating car headlights
If you really want to renew the headlights of the car for a long time, you will have to follow some important steps.
Here is how to renovate car headlights effectively:
- Disassemble car headlights if possible.
- Clean and rub the headlights with a cloth and soapy water.
- Dry the surface with a clean, dry cloth.
- Spray a little water on the headlight and use sandpaper (400) to sand the entire surface.
- Then use 600 grit to sand the plastic surface of the headlight before moving on to 800 grit sandpaper.
- Continue spraying the headlight with water and continue sanding until you get to a large, very fine 3000.
- Dry the headlight well before proceeding to the polishing stage.
- Apply a polish with a very soft microfiber cloth, carefully following the instructions on the product.
If you have followed all these steps meticulously, your car headlights will be bright… Like new headlights!
What to do about condensation in the headlights?
Before you let go, if you also notice condensation, fogging and water droplets, it is important to quickly remove the fog from your car’s headlights.