How to clear your nose quickly?
Allergies, colds or sinusitis unfortunately bring their share of inconveniences. Among these, the stuffy nose syndrome which is very unpleasant. But how to clear your nose precisely?
Fortunately, there are some tricks to counter this uncomfortable situation. 10 Tips offers you today its tips to unclog the nose. Good reading!
1. Unclog your nose with nasal irrigation
Having a completely blocked nose and having difficulty breathing well and even sleeping is not pleasant, quite the contrary! Fortunately there is a gadget that allows you to quickly unclog your nose to quickly feel much better.
Nasal irrigation or nasal shower if you prefer do you know? This is the ideal product if you are quickly looking for how to unclog your nose.
The nasal enema is very effective in unclogging the nose! Here’s how to do a homemade nose wash:
- Boil a liter of water.
- Add a tablespoon of sea salt.
- Allow the water to cool until lukewarm.
- Aspirate the water, one nostril at a time with the nasal wash bottle.
- The water should come out through the other nostril and sometimes through the mouth if the nose is very congested.
You may notice your nose run more, but that’s just the start of a decongested nose. It is important to use boiled and cooled water before using this remedy to decongest the nose naturally and thus stop the runny nose.
Here is a model of nasal irrigation to unclog and clean the nose quickly. Product available in France and a second sinus irrigation model for Canada:
- Quickly cleanses and decongests the nose
- Nasal wash for adults and children
- TOP quality price!
Now that you know how to quickly clear your nose with nasal irrigation, what about your baby’s nose? Go quickly to point 3 to discover the baby nose, ideal for freeing and cleaning baby’s nose in complete safety.
For other saline water recipes and tips I suggest this other article: How to make saline water?
2. Unclog your nose naturally with garlic
Did you know that garlic can be effective in unclogging your nose quickly? To use the properties of garlic you must:
- Crush two cloves of fresh garlic
- Put the crushed garlic cloves in hot water
- Inhale while covering your head and the bowl with a towel
This grandmother’s recipe based on crushed garlic is really very effective in unclogging your nose easily. But to clear your nose even faster you can eat fresh garlic every day.
This stuff is very suitable for infants and newborns who are unable to blow their nose yet. You will find in pharmacies, these little wonders allowing you to aspirate nasal secretions at a low price. The nasal bulb is a good product to avoid having an irritated nose because of tissues when you have a cold.
There is also the baby nose that quickly clears the congested nose of young babies and even children. It helps baby to breathe better quickly and above all without irritating the little one’s nasal walls.
10 Tips offers you below one of the most popular baby nose cleaners online at the best price:
- Does not irritate baby’s nose
- Ideal for clearing the sinuses and unblocking the nose
- Easy to use and clean
There are also models of electric nose vacuum cleaners but often too expensive for the quality and the very effectiveness of the product. Better to buy a baby nasal aspirator where we suck ourselves to unclog the nose effectively, like the model above.
For other tips to clean baby’s nose here is an article to read now: How to unclog baby’s nose?
4. Inhale eucalyptus to unclog your nose
Did you know that eucalyptus was a miraculous plant to clear your nose quickly? Here’s what to do to unclog sinuses with eucalyptus inhalation.
Method One: Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Pour a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil into a humidifier
- Breathe in the scents of eucalyptus
- No humidifier? Pour drops into a bowl of warm water, cover with a towel and inhale.
Second method: infusion of eucalyptus leaves
- Infuse eucalyptus leaves in boiled water for several minutes in a small amount of water
- Cover with a towel to trap vapors
- Inhale eucalyptus vapors to quickly clear your nose
Of course, as these are hot vapors, you have to be careful when inhaling eucalyptus.
This trick is very effective and fast to clear the nose but also for colds as in this article: Tip against the common cold.
5. A humidifier to relieve nasal congestion
To quickly relieve nasal congestion and irritation in the nose, it is important to moisten everything well. A quick and effective solution is to use a humidifier.
If you don’t have a humidifier at home, it’s best to choose a cool vaporizer model. So opt for a cool mist humidifier and not a warm mist because the latter can further promote the development of bacteria if it is poorly cleaned and maintained.
If you are looking for a small, compact and efficient model in addition to being very pretty, I recommend this one:
6. An onion on the nightstand
A big onion on the bedside table… A grandmother’s remedy to try tonight to unclog your nose naturally while you sleep! ?
- Halve a large yellow onion
- Place the onion on the nightstand next to you
- The essence and the smell of onion that will emerge will help unclog the nose and effectively clear the sinuses
This grandmother’s remedy really works to clear your nose and feel better when you have a bad cold. Hard to believe, but it’s true.
7. Vick’s for a stuffy nose
Vick’s is still very popular in homes. But how to use Vick’s well to unclog your nose? Here’s how:
- Put Vick’s ointment under your nostrils at night before going to sleep
- Apply some Vick’s also on the back, neck and chest
- Put Vick’s in a handkerchief and take deep breaths with your nose close to the handkerchief
In addition to helping you clear your nose, Vick’s is very useful for relieving colds and other winter ailments for young and old.
8. Inhaling wine vinegar to unclog your nose
If you want to take it to the next level, inhaling wine vinegar can be a good idea to clear your nose.
- Boil wine vinegar in a saucepan.
- Breathe in the vapors as the wine vinegar boils.
- To be repeated 2 or 3 times during the day to feel better and decongested
Be careful because the vapors may be very hot and the smell very strong. But anyway, this home remedy is very effective in unclogging the nose.
9. Grandma’s recipe to unclog your nose
If you like grandma’s recipes, you’ll love this one based on tomato juice. You need to:
- A large glass of warmed tomato juice
- A clove of freshly chopped garlic to add to the tomato juice
- A pinch of chopped ginger to add to the mixture
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to tomato juice
Drink this tomato juice recipe a few times during the day to clear your nose (2 to 3 times during the day).
Be careful because the taste of this tomato juice recipe is relatively strong. But that’s what it takes to quickly unclog your nose!
10. A warm compress to unclog the nose
A trick so simple that we sometimes forget to test it. Here’s how to use the hot compress to unclog your sinuses quickly:
- Soak a towel in hot water.
- Place the warm compress on the nose.
- Add a little Vick’s on the compress for optimal results.
The warm compress is effective in helping to relieve a stuffy nose but also in relieving colds and even in helping to relieve sinusitis.
11. A nasal spray to unclog your nose
Like some antihistamines, nasal sprays are available without a prescription. Be careful, however, not to abuse it too much or risk causing the opposite effect known as the rebound effect.
This type of medication should not become automatic to solve your nasal congestion problems, quite the contrary. If you don’t like tips and tricks, then go ahead with a nasal bulb or a nasal enema, which is much more effective in the short, medium and long term.
Continue reading with our tips and tricks on irritated nose with these handy tips: Relieve burning nose.