How to cure eczema naturally?
Eczema causes severe itching in many people. Fortunately, there are a few tips and tricks to relieve this skin irritation.
Today I bring you some home remedies that my best friend has been using for eczema for years.
1. Relieve eczema naturally with Aloe vera
Aloe vera and more specifically aloe gel is an excellent natural product to use against itchy and dry skin caused by eczema.
Aloe vera contains important properties for people suffering from eczema, including properties:
In addition to helping relieve and calm eczema, aloe vera also helps against psoriasis, acne and of course skin dehydration. So apply aloe vera gel as soon as you feel the need, when irritation and itching appear.
2. Baking soda remedy for eczema
A baking soda home remedy for eczema can also be used to quickly soothe the itching.
Here’s how to make this first home remedy for eczema:
- Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your warm-hot bath water.
- Mix well and take your bath for 10-15 minutes (or more if you can).
- Dry yourself gently by patting your skin with your bath towel.
This baking soda bath will quickly and effectively relieve itching caused by eczema on the hands, back, legs and all over the body.
3. Grandma’s recipe for eczema
If you prefer to make your own cream (or ointment) to naturally treat your eczema then this recipe is ideal:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of shea butter with 1 tablespoon of argan oil.
- Mix well and apply the homemade cream to the skin to be treated.
Thanks to these restorative and regenerative properties, this recipe will naturally calm the itching caused by eczema.
4. Relieve eczema with coconut oil
Another natural product that you can use to treat or rather calm eczema is coconut oil.
This oil, which is made up of antioxidants, contains beneficial properties for those who suffer from eczema:
Applied to areas of skin suffering from eczema, this coconut oil quickly soothes itching. In addition to soothing, coconut oil naturally regenerates the epidermis and thus helps reduce skin inflammation.
5. An oatmeal bath to naturally treat eczema
Another grandma trick that’s really very effective in naturally relieving eczema is the oatmeal bath. Here’s how to prepare this special bath:
- Add a cup of oatmeal to warm bath water.
- Mix well and relax in the bath for about fifteen minutes.
- Use a large, soft bath towel to gently dab and dry your body.
Repeat 2-3 times a week for 4 weeks to effectively soothe the itching and irritation caused by your eczema.
6. Calm eczema with homemade honey ointment
To finish with my tips and tricks, here is a last one which consists of making your own homemade ointment for the skin.
- In a double boiler, add an equal amount of raw honey, olive oil and beeswax.
- Gently melt all the ingredients, mix well and leave to cool.
- Apply directly to the skin and leave on for several hours to soothe itching.
You can apply this cream as often as you want. Thanks to the antibacterial and antiseptic properties of this ointment, you will be able to effectively reduce skin inflammation.
7. Treatment of eczema in babies and children
All the remedies I have offered in this article are for adults. So if you are looking for remedies or rather specific treatments to treat eczema in babies and children, it is important to be well informed.
This is why I recommend that you download this PDF document which speaks precisely of eczema in children:
living with eczemaa practical guide to help you understand eczema and treat it better.
This is a practical and comprehensive guide that was written and put online by the CHU Saint-Justine (The mother-child university hospital center) in Montreal.