How to do the housework well? Rare are the people who like to clean the house, isn’t it? With a few preparations it is quite possible to clean up quickly and well!
Here are a few tips and advice on how to properly clean a house. Happy cleaning!
1. Make a list of things to clean around the house
If you really want to be efficient with chores around the house, a to-do list might be the answer for you.
Plan to clean your house quickly and well!
There’s so much to wash and dust in a house that it’s easy to waste precious time every time it comes time to clean up.
So before starting the big cleaning go around each room of the house and determine all the things to:
- to clean
So every time you go to clean the house you just have to follow your plan so as not to forget anything and above all not to waste your time.
2. Prepare the equipment and cleaning products
To succeed in doing the housework efficiently and quickly, you must of course have the necessary equipment and cleaning products at hand.
Here is a list of equipment and accessories to prepare:
- rags and tea towels
- paper towels
- multi-surface cleaning products
- bucket of water
- feather duster
- garbage bag
- rubber gloves
Make yourself at home and organize a small space in the house (in the laundry room for example or the wardrobe) with all this equipment already ready for the next big cleaning.
3. Big cleaning for a day
You can choose a day in the week that will be assigned to the complete cleaning of the house.
Which means you’ll be cleaning the house all at once! Effective so you don’t have to think about it the rest of the week afterwards. As long as you’re in it…might as well go all out.
Clean up on Sunday!
Personally we chose Sunday because during the week it is very difficult to find the time needed to do the housework properly.
With the children’s homework, the dinner to prepare and the baths to give, impossible to vacuum or clean the bathroom from Monday to Friday.
4. Clean one room at a time
Of course, if you don’t have several hours to spend cleaning the house, then why not take it easy, one room at a time?
So as soon as you have an hour or feel like scrubbing and cleaning, go get your cleaning products and clean a room.
Do some cleaning every day!
Of course you may do some cleaning a few times during the week, but each of your cleaning sessions will be of short duration compared to 1/2 day on the weekend.
5. Clean up with natural products
If you have an environmental but also economic conscience then the use of natural cleaning products is an excellent idea!
On 10-trucs.com, most of our cleaning tips and anti-stain tips include natural products as well as grandmother’s recipes that are easy to make at home.
Here is a small list of natural products that are easy to find and effective for cleaning the house:
- white vinegar
- baking soda
- lemon juice
- Marseille soap
- soda crystals
- black soap
- clay stone
- Tea tree oil (anti mould)
If you want to make your own natural spray cleaner then this other article is a must read: Homemade multi-purpose cleaner.
6. Optimize the time spent on housework as much as possible
If you don’t have a lot of time to devote to housework today, then it’s all the more important to make the most of those precious minutes.
Here are some tips and tricks to clean your house quickly and well:
- An alarm: if you have for example 15 minutes this afternoon for cleaning the bathroom then start the timer on your phone to be notified when the 15 minutes are over.
- Start the washing machine: To optimize your time why not wash clothes in the machine while you do the housework!?
- Use both hands: To go quickly and well take the spray bottle in one hand and the cloth in the other. Always use both hands when cleaning.
- Never retrace your steps: To do the housework quickly, you must avoid always retracing your steps to clean another object or surface. So we clean everything around us at the same time.
- Ask for help from your children: Why clean the house alone? To go faster and do even more housework, asking the children for help is a great idea.
Finally, to be motivated and go faster, listen to lively music while you clean the house. Turn up the sound! ?
7. Other tips for cleaning the house properly
Finally, I offer you some other good advice and tips for cleaning your house properly:
- Ventilate the rooms of the house: When you clean a house it is important to air and ventilate the rooms well. So get into the habit of opening the doors and windows of the house. You will ventilate your rooms in addition to eliminating the sometimes strong odors of cleaning products.
- Tidy up the clutter in the house: It’s hard to clean a house that’s messy. A good house cleaning should always start with tidying up. Indeed, how do you want to vacuum or even wash the floors if your children’s toys are lying all over the floor.
- Take care of the floors last: When you do your house cleaning, always finish with the floors. This way, you won’t escape dust on it when cleaning the rest afterwards.
- Give good smells to the house: With essential oils and a diffuser, you can spread good smells all over the house to finish the cleaning.
As the dusting of furniture and rooms is one of the important steps for a well-done household! Come and read our tips on this subject: Clean the dust.