How to dry your laundry faster?
It happens to need a garment quickly or to have to dry laundry as quickly as possible. With or without a dryer, there are a few tricks to speed up the drying of clothes.
At home, the dryer works regularly, especially in winter when it is no longer possible to hang the laundry outside. Here are some tips and tricks to dry clothes faster!
1. A quick spin to dry clothes faster
The first trick to do to dry the laundry faster is to spin it well in the machine once the wash is finished.
Spin speed as fast as possible!
Be sure to select the fastest spin speed on your washing machine. In this way you will remove the maximum of water and moisture trapped in the laundry. It’s ideal for drying bath towels or children’s pajamas more quickly, as we do here at home.
Beware of delicate laundry!
Of course, if the laundry and clothes to be dried are delicate, it is better to select the lowest spin speed so as not to damage the fabrics.
2. Dry clothes quickly with a hair dryer
If you don’t have a clothes dryer at home or you need to quickly dry clothes while travelling, a hair dryer is the solution!
- Hang your garment on a hanger and place it high.
- Use a hair dryer on the highest setting and dry the garment.
- Use up and down strokes to quickly dry the sweater.
It is important to always keep moving, because the hot blow of the hair dryer could damage the textile if you leave it too long in one place.
3. Dry a garment quickly in a large towel
To dry a delicate garment without a dryer, the towel technique is ideal and quick to do!
- Lay a large bath towel flat on the floor or on the table.
- Lay the garment (already wrung out by hand) flat on the towel and wrap it tightly in the towel.
- Unroll and start again with a new dry bath towel to dry the garment well.
If the garment is still damp, you can simply hang it on a hanger or dry it with the hair dryer if you are in a hurry to wear it.
4. Dry an item of clothing in the dryer with a bath towel
If you are looking for a trick to dry a single item of clothing in the washing machine faster then I have the solution for you:
- Place the garment to dry in the dryer and add 1 or 2 bath towels.
- Run the machine for about ten minutes to dry the garment thoroughly.
For this trick to work it is important to dry only 1 or 2 clothes at a time so that the towels absorb moisture well.
5. Dry your clothes quickly on the clothesline
If you don’t have a clothes dryer at home then wait for a warm, sunny day to wash your clothes. In this way, you will be able to hang your clothes directly outside on the clothesline.
How to dry clothes indoors?
If you absolutely have to wash and dry your laundry indoors, then opt for a rack or a drying rack.
Also, run a dehumidifier near the rack to dry your clothes faster.