How to get rid of split ends without cutting your hair?
Having damaged hair and split ends is unfortunately very common. So how to stop having split ends or rather what are the best anti fork tips?
To fix your split ends problem, here are my best products and tips for removing split ends naturally.
1. Get rid of split ends fast
Of course, if you have very split ends and damaged hair the best solution is to cut the ends! Indeed, a haircut is the only way to get rid of split ends quickly. The longer you wait to trim the ends, the greater the chance of split ends.
That’s why it’s best to get the ends of your hair trimmed regularly, especially when trying to grow it out. Regardless of hair type, experts recommend trimming and grooming every six to eight weeks.
An anti-frizz and anti-split spray:
Of course, you can also use a spray product to prevent split ends like this:
anti split ends spray
- Anti fork and anti frizz product.
- Protects and repairs all hair types.
- Also protects against heat.
Now continue reading the other tips and tricks offered in this article to find out how to remove split ends without cutting your hair!
2. Repair split ends naturally with an avocado
Between appointments with your hairdresser, take care of your ends to improve the appearance of split ends by giving them a moisturizing treatment. Avocado is rich in vitamin E and is therefore the ideal ingredient to moisturize and repair your hair.
To make it an anti fork and repair mask, combine in a blender:
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Here is how to use this mask on your split ends hair:
- Mix the ingredients well, until homogeneous.
- Apply the homemade mask to the entire length of your hair, emphasizing the split ends.
- Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Of course you can also buy and apply a repair serum specially designed to remove damaged split ends and split ends.
3. Castor oil for split ends
Castor oil has fortifying and nourishing properties, ideal for removing split ends naturally.
Here is how to use this oil on split ends:
- Add in a bowl 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of castor oil.
- Melt the honey and castor oil over low heat and let cool.
- Apply the mask to your ends and leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing and washing your hair with a mild shampoo.
You can also use this castor oil to take care of hair, eyelashes, face and body.
- Cold pressed and unrefined oil.
- To nourish and strengthen the hair.
- Ideal for getting rid of split ends naturally.
4. Homemade anti-fork care with fish oil
Did you know that fish oil is loaded with vitamin E as well as essential fatty acids, including omega-3s, which are beneficial to the health of your hair. Here’s how to make a homemade anti-fork mask and treatment:
- Mix 2 capsules of fish oil with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture and mix well.
- Heat over low heat for a few minutes, then pour the mixture into a bowl and let cool.
- Dip the ends of your hair in it, then wrap them in plastic wrap.
- Leave on for 30 to 40 minutes, then wash your hair with a mild shampoo to finish.
You can apply this homemade mask once a month to get rid of split ends and damaged hair.
5. Eliminate split ends with honey
Another 100% natural anti fork tip is to use a mixture of honey and oil. Here’s how to do this trick:
- Start by washing your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Then mix 3 tablespoons of honey and 3 more of olive oil.
- Apply to the hair and especially at the level of the forks and leave to act for 20 minutes.
- Rinse hair well and shampoo again to finish.
For better results on your split ends, you can use castor oil or even jojoba oil instead of olive oil.
6. Anti fork mask with essential oils
This mask smells divine in addition to pampering your split ends. To make it, you will need the following oils:
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil.
- 3 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
Mix all the ingredients well, then apply the mask on your hair and more particularly on the split ends. Wrap your hair in a hot towel and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse and wash your hair with shampoo to complete the treatment.
If you don’t have sweet almond oil, you can also use castor or jojoba oil.
7. Repair split ends naturally with an egg
It is well known, the egg is nourishing and not only for the body, but also for the hair. To nourish and repair your split ends, you can concoct this restorative mask:
- Mix 2 egg yolks with 1 tbsp coconut oil (more if your hair is very long)
- Apply the mixture all over your hair, paying particular attention to broken and split ends.
- Leave on for 30 and 60 minutes and wash your hair to finish.
Now that you know all of my best anti fork tips, here are some handy tips on how to avoid them:
- Choose your shampoo wisely: opt for a shampoo that is gentle and as natural as possible. Limit washing: Most people wash their hair too often. So limit washing to 3 times a week for healthier hair.
- Use conditioner: apply a revitalizing treatment after each wash for good hydration of your hair.
- Watch out for the heat: The dryer, the iron and other styling tools using heat will dry out the hair, worsening the appearance of split ends. Instead, opt for air drying.
- A good comb: to detangle your hair, choose a comb with wide and spaced teeth.
- Hair masks: Treat your hair with a hair mask, such as those presented in this article, once a week or at least once a month.
- Go to the hairdresser: you should have your ends cut at least every 6 weeks to maintain their healthy appearance and avoid split ends and breakage.