How to have beautiful well-defined curls?
Curly hair naturally or not, did you know that it was possible to define your curls with very simple tips?
Here are some of the best tips for having beautiful curls.
1. A moisturizing mask to have beautiful soft curls
Before you shampoo, I highly recommend that you do a moisturizing and nourishing mask on your hair.
Depending on the fragility of your hair, you will have to let the mask act longer, 1 to 2 hours. While for normal hair 30 minutes should be enough before washing the hair.
Homemade moisturizing mask for curly hair:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of castor oil with 6 tablespoons of coconut milk.
- Add 4 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil and mix well.
- Apply to all of your hair, strand by strand.
- Leave on for 30 to 60 minutes depending on the fragility of your hair.
- Finish with a water rinse and a shampoo specially designed for curly hair.
2. Shampoo and wash curly hair
To have beautiful curly hair you have to choose your shampoo! It is important to choose a shampoo that does not contain sulfates or silicones!
Shampoo without silicone or sulphate!
The temptation can be strong for this type of anti-frizz shampoo, but the majority of these products often contain silicones and other ingredients that can damage your beautiful curly hair, so be careful.
A gentle wash with lukewarm water!
Another advice if you have curly or frizzy hair is never to rub it vigorously, you must wash it gently in order to keep the sebum in your hair. Ah yes I forgot, we forget the hot water, we rather regulate the temperature of the water to lukewarm.
3. Use conditioner for beautiful lips
After washing your hair with shampoo or conditioner it is recommended to apply a good conditioner, a conditioner designed especially for curly hair!
- Apply the conditioner to the entire length of your hair and leave on for 5 minutes.
- Then rinse your hair with lukewarm water and wrap it in a large bath towel.
- Pat your hair with the towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Then let your hair air dry to have beautiful curly hair.
4. Detangle your hair with a comb
Another important step for have beautiful curls after the shower is that of untangling the hair!
Here’s when and how to detangle your hair:
- Always detangle your hair in the shower or after showering, never on dry hair!
- Immediately after the conditioner in the shower, detangle your hair with a wide-toothed comb.
- You can also untangle your hair after showering before letting it dry.
Help yourself with your fingers to detangle your curly or frizzy hair, especially if you notice the presence of a knot in your hair.
5. A special foam to have beautiful defined curls
Once the hair is washed and towel-dried, I suggest using a mousse to curl the hair well and define the curls.
- Apply styling mousse to damp hair after showering.
- Move the hair well with your fingers when applying the sculpting mousse.
- Let air dry for beautiful, natural-looking curly hair.
You can also gently scrunch your hair when applying the styling mousse to properly structure your curls.
6. Other tips to have beautiful natural curly hair
Here are now several other tips, but also practical advice to have beautiful curls naturally:
- Avoid heating devices: In fact, regardless of the type of hair, curly or not, it is recommended to minimize the use of hair dryers, straighteners and curling irons. The heat attacks the hair and this is all the more true for curly hair and frizzy hair.
- Use a diffuser to dry hair: If you still prefer to use a hair dryer then it is important to set the temperature as low as possible. I also recommend that you use a diffuser with your hair dryer to curl your hair nicely.
- Detangling hair on damp hair: As I said earlier in the article, you should always detangle your hair when it is still damp, after showering or even in the shower, after rinsing. Never untangle curly hair when it’s dry, ever!
- Use good styling products: In summer, when the sun, heat and sea or pool water attack the hair, it is important to use moisturizing products to take care of curly hair.