How to have beautiful hair?
Avoid long exposure to the sun, use heating devices as little as possible, use quality hair products, but what more can you do to have beautiful hair?
In this article, I offer you my top tips for having beautiful hair.
1. Avoid devices that attack the hair
Several hair appliances attack, damage and dry out the hair! That’s why you have to be careful with your hair by avoiding this type of device.
So be careful not to use these hair tools too often:
- hair dryer
- curling iron
- heated rollers
- heated brush
Using them from time to time is fine, but using them every day may complicate the task of having beautiful hair every day!
2. Avoid the sun to have beautiful hair
Did you know that the sun can damage hair and scalp? Indeed, if you are used to exposing yourself to the sun for a long time, you may notice much drier hair than before.
The sun causes a weakening of the scalp making the hair brittle, dull and therefore much more fragile.
You love the sun too much… So what to do to protect your hair?
If you plan to spend a lot of time outdoors in the sun, one tip is to apply hair care to protect your hair from the damaging effects of the sun.
3. Brush your hair well
Hair brushing is very important to have beautiful hair every day, but be careful, you have to brush it well!
Here are some tips for brushing your hair properly:
- choose a brush that suits your hair type
- brush hair from bottom to top
- brush the hair gently and slowly
Which brush to choose according to the type of hair?
- Fine and fragile hair: choosing a boar bristle hairbrush
- Smooth hair: choose a brush with widely spaced bristles
- Thick hair: choose a flat and very wide brush
A good brushing of the hair will make your hair smooth, shiny, silky, detangled and above all very beautiful.
To detangle the hair which brush to use?
If you want to detangle your hair with the comb is the ideal solution. Do not use your usual hairbrush because you risk damaging them and weakening them even more.
Did you know that it is also important to wash your hairbrush? To avoid bacteria I recommend reading these tips: How to clean a hairbrush?
4. Products adapted to her hair
It’s no secret that there are a thousand and one products to take care of your hair. It can therefore be difficult to choose the right hair care and hair products.
The most important thing is to always choose hair products and care according to your hair type.
So if you have dry hair, oily hair, colored hair or even curly hair, you must use appropriate shampoos and treatments.
Do you use shea products for your hair?
Shea is excellent for the hair. It comes from the trees of the African savannah and it does a lot of good for the hair.
Indeed, shea butter protects and moisturizes the hair, it is ideal if you have dry and brittle hair.
- Apply directly to split ends
- Makes hair shiny and stronger.
- Helps against unwanted frizz.
5. A little scalp massage
We often talk about back massage but how about a hair massage or rather a scalp massage?
So how do you massage your scalp?
Regularly massage your hair and scalp with good essential oils. Massage promotes blood circulation, which helps in the production of strong, healthy hair.
Essential oils, depending on which ones you use, will provide beneficial vitamins and care for your hair. Ideal for beautiful, healthy hair!
- For dull hair: essential oil of ylang-ylang
- For brittle hair: chamomile essential oil
- For irritated scalp: tea tree essential oil
- To stimulate hair growth: peppermint essential oil
Come and discover our complete article on oils and hair right here: Essential oils for hair.
6. Have beautiful hair thanks to vegetable oils
Did you know that vegetable oils (not all but some) can help you have beautiful, healthy hair!
So what vegetable oils to use for hair:
- Against frizz and split endss: jojoba oil
- To give volume to the hair: Argan Oil
- To care for curly hair: coconut oil
- To strengthen the hair: avocado oil
7. How much shampoo for beautiful hair?
Personally, I’ve always had the bad habit of using a very large amount of shampoo or styling mousse on my hair.
But here, I came across a table that indicates the right amount to apply:
- 1 tbsp for a shampoo.
- 1 teaspoon for a hair conditioner
- 2 tablespoons for styling mousse / texturizing
- 1/2 teaspoon for a styling gel
8. Homemade recipe for beautiful hair
How about trying a natural and easy-to-do trick for beautiful, shiny hair?
For this homemade recipe you need:
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- cider vinegar
Mix a small amount of all these ingredients and massage the hair. Leave on for a few minutes and wash the hair with shampoo to finish.
This homemade recipe is really ideal for the maintenance and beauty of the hair. You can repeat this natural recipe once every month.
9. Cut and maintain hair ends
How can you have beautiful hair if you don’t take care of your hair and especially your ends?
The ends of the hair break easily, unfortunately. So to have beautiful silky hair and not split ends it is important to regularly cut the ends.
The simple act of trimming the ends regularly will help maintain strong, healthy hair. So your hair will be smoother, straighter and look healthier.
10. Things you shouldn’t do if you want beautiful hair!
Now that you know the best tips and the best natural products to have beautiful hair, here are some tips and things not to do!
- Dry the hair by rubbing it with a towel
- Make very tight hairstyles
- Wash and rinse hair with warm water
- Brush wet hair after getting out of the shower
- Make curls (with a curler) on damp hair
- Shampooing too often
- Dry the hair with a hair dryer on very hot air