How to have beautiful long hair
Who doesn’t dream of having beautiful, long, shiny hair? If you’re like me and have long hair, you know how important hair care is.
Today, on 10-Trucs, I share with you my best tips and advice for having beautiful hair.
1. Wash your hair well for beautiful hair
Hair washing is necessarily an important step to have beautiful, shiny and healthy hair.
Having clean and well-washed hair is of course important, but you shouldn’t wash it every day, especially not. Indeed, did you know that it is recommended not to exceed 3 hair washes per week?
When you use a shampoo and conditioner adapted to your hair, 2 or 3 washes per week is enough to have beautiful, shiny and healthy hair.
2. Rinse well and detangle hair in the shower
How to rinse the hair?
Once the shampoo is finished, it is important to rinse your hair well. A rinse with lukewarm water (slightly cold) is ideal for having beautiful shiny hair.
For even shinier hair after showering, finish with a rinse of water and white vinegar. Simply add to a 500ml bottle the equivalent of 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and the rest of the water.
How to detangle the hair?
For curly or curly hair, it is imperative to untangle the hair in the shower, it is absolutely necessary that the hair is damp. You can use a wide-toothed comb to detangle them well.
3. Be careful with heated hair appliances
No matter what type of hair you have, but especially for dry and fragile hair, care must be taken when using heated hair appliances and accessories.
Let your hair air dry!
If you have time on your hands, it’s best to always let your hair air dry. Regular use of a hair dryer can actually damage your beautiful hair. The use of a straightener or a curling iron also attacks and weakens the hair a lot.
4. Beautiful hair thanks to regular brushing
Brushing your hair is an important step for those who want beautiful, smooth, shiny and tangle-free hair, especially if you have long hair.
Do you have long hair that gets tangled easily?
If your hair gets tangled often then I recommend brushing your hair 1-2 times daily, morning and evening. This simple routine will save you a lot of trouble such as knots in your hair.
Which brush and comb to use?
- To remove knots and detangle all curly hair, choose a wide-toothed comb.
- For beautiful, smooth, long hair, choose a natural boar bristle hairbrush instead.
5. A little argan oil on the hair
Before styling your hair with various styling products and gels, I recommend a quick and effective tip to protect it well.
- Pour 2 or 3 drops of argan oil on your palms.
- Apply the oil all over your hair, up to the hairline.
This trick allows you to have less dry and fragile hair and therefore to have less frizz. If you prefer, you can replace argan oil with coconut oil which will also be effective on your hair.
6. Other tips and tricks to have beautiful hair
Finally, here are some tips, tricks and actions to do (or not to do) to have beautiful, healthy hair.
- Scalp massage: When you are in the shower, gently massage your scalp! This will activate blood circulation and your hair will be better nourished.
- To drink a lot of water: Your hair needs hydration, just like your skin and the rest of your body. So every day, drink plenty of water, at least 1.5 to 2 liters of water.
- A good diet: To have beautiful hair, consume fatty acids and vitamin C. You will find fatty acids in whole grains, green vegetables, nuts and seeds.
- Tie the hair: To prevent your hair from getting tangled during physical activity or sport, get into the habit of tying it up to avoid hair friction.