How to have straight hair forever?
Having beautiful straight hair makes hair appear softer, silkier and shinier. Frizz, waves, split ends… It’s not always easy to have hair naturally!
To help you, here are some of my best tips and recipes to have beautiful straight hair forever… Or almost. 🙂
1. Straighten the hair with a brush and a hair dryer
If you don’t have a hair straightener or steam straightener at home, it is possible to improvise a hair straightening with a brush and a hair dryer to make the hair very smooth, without waving or almost.
Here’s how to pull off this hair dryer trick:
- Moisten the hair by spraying a little water evenly on the hair.
- Smooth the strands of hair one by one by lowering the brush from top to bottom with a slow and steady movement.
- At the same time, take the hair dryer and follow the movement of the brush on your hair.
Of course, this trick does not replace a real straightener (or flat iron) but the result is still surprising if you take your time. If you prefer, here is a very popular hair straightener online:
Remington hair straightener
- Fast hair straightening in one pass.
- 9 temperature levels with rapid heating.
- Easy to use and long lasting hair straightening.
2. Homemade mask for smooth hair
If you’re like me and love grandma’s recipes then here’s one made with olive oil that will help make hair smoother fast.
To concoct this hair mask you need:
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of jasmine essential oil.
- 4 tablespoons of conditioner.
Now here is how to make this hair mask:
- Mix the 3 ingredients well in a bowl and apply the mixture on the hair.
- Brush the hair with your brush or comb and leave on for 1-2 hours.
- Rinse hair and shampoo (use sulfate-free shampoo).
3. Make your hair smooth with rice water
Another 100% natural trick to make hair smooth is rice water… Yes, rice water! So don’t throw away the cooking water for your next rice recipe. Instead, here is how to use this water on your hair:
- Keep the rice cooking water (organic) and let cool.
- Use rice water to rinse your hair after shampooing.
- Leave on for a few minutes and rinse with lukewarm water to finish.
Comb and let your hair air dry to have beautiful straight hair naturally. This trick really helps to have softer hair and especially with much less frizz.
4. Straighten hair naturally with coconut oil
Another home remedy for smooth, shiny hair is to use coconut oil.
Here’s how to make this remedy for straight hair:
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat (be careful not to burn it) and let cool.
- Apply liquid coconut oil and cool all over the hair.
- Use a comb to spread the coconut oil well from root to tip.
- Leave on the hair for 2 to 3 hours, or better, overnight.
- Finish with a nourishing shampoo for soft, sulfate-free hair.
Let your hair air dry to complete the trick. If you have naturally frizzy hair you can also use this coconut oil to straighten hair naturally.
5. Smooth and shiny hair with milk and honey
Here is now one of my favorite recipes to straighten, but also to make your hair shiny!
- Mix 2 parts milk with 1 part water and 1 teaspoon honey.
- Apply the mixture to all of the hair (from tip to root).
- Leave the mixture on for 20 to 30 minutes and wash your hair.
The honey will make your hair shiny and the milk will naturally moisturize and fortify your hair!
6. Homemade recipe for beautiful straight hair
Here’s one last grandma’s recipe that I use on occasion to keep my hair smooth and frizz-free for longer.
- Heat 60 ml of coconut oil and let cool.
- Add 60 ml of aloe vera gel and mix well.
- Apply the mask to the hair and leave on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and wash your hair well to finish.
You can repeat this trick 1 or 2 times every 10 days to have smooth and shiny hair forever.
7. Other tips and tricks for smoother hair
Here are some tips or rather advice to help you have straight hair forever, or almost!
- Dry your hair well: To have smooth hair and healthy hair, it must be dried well. So when you get out of the shower, don’t rub your hair with a towel and don’t use a hair dryer. Instead, squeeze the hair gently in a towel and wrap it in a new soft, dry towel.
- Beware of damp places: If your hair is very reactive to humidity then it is better to take precautions to avoid too humid places. You can also apply an anti-frizz product that allows the hair to resist humidity and therefore stay smooth longer.
- Do not abuse shampoo too much: Indeed shampoo is not always a good ally for smooth and shiny hair. For frequent washes, dilute the shampoo with water instead. It will be gentler on your hair.
- Use a smoothing and heat-protecting treatment: If you are used to using heated appliances to style your hair then also use a heat protector. This will protect your hair from the heat of the straightener or hair dryer.