How to increase the speed of your PC?
Desktop computer or laptop, it happens on occasion that the computer rows, that it is really, but really slow. Above all, don’t panic, it is possible to optimize your speed.
Here are some quick and easy tips and tricks to improve the speed of your PC yourself!
1. Clean up your computer’s hard drive
One of the possible causes of your computer slowing down is a full or nearly full hard drive. It’s important to clean up occasionally and delete any documents and files you no longer need.
Store your photos and videos in the cloud or on an external hard drive!
If you store a lot of photos and videos on your computer’s hard drive, it may become slow quickly. For large files such as high definition videos and photos, it is better to store them in the cloud or on an external hard drive.
Don’t forget to delete temporary files!
Every time you go on the web, open attachments or delete files, your computer saves everything you do, so your hard drive quickly becomes cluttered with unnecessary files.
Video: How to delete caches and temporary files for Windows 10
2. Uninstall Unused Programs and Software from PC
If you are like me and download new programs and software that are ultimately of little use to your work and hobbies, be aware that this can greatly slow down computer speed!
So if you take the time to uninstall and remove old programs and software that you no longer use, your computer will gain in speed and performance.
How to remove programs from your computer?
- Go to the Windows search bar and enter; Remove programs.
- Sort the list of programs by date and look at old software that you no longer use.
- Click on the program to remove and click on the uninstall button.
On the other hand, you must be very careful not to delete the programs essential to the proper functioning of your PC and Windows.
3. Malware slows down your computer
Do you have good anti-virus and anti-malware software installed on your computer? Spyware and malware are a nuisance for computers.
If you want to increase the speed of the PC then you must quickly remove them from your computer.
What are the best anti-virus software for PC?
- Bitdefender antivirus
- AVG Ultimate
- Avast Antivirus
4. Defragment Computer Hard Drive
Another solution to improve the speed and performance of your PC is to defragment it every six months or so.
The more you use your computer and the more files, documents and programs you store, the more the hard drive is filled with data. To put some order you must therefore launch the disk defragmenter.
- Enter in Windows search Defragment and optimize drives.
- Click analyze to see the space to be gained by defragmentation.
- Then click on Optimize to start defragmentation of disk C.
This process will take several minutes and more, so run it when you no longer need to use the computer during the day.
5. Limit Tasks Executed at PC Startup
Your computer is increasingly slow to start? To improve the speed of the PC it is therefore important to optimize its startup speed by limiting the tasks performed.
- Type in Windows search; Task Manager.
- Then click on the Startup tab to see the programs launched when the PC starts.
- Right-click on the program(s) you want to disable.
In the same window, you can also click on the Processes tab to see the programs and tasks that are slowing down your computer in real time.
6. CCleaner to free up space and improve speed
To save space and improve the speed of your computer, you can use the CCleaner software.
Personally I use the registry cleaner offered in CCleaner which allows you to:
- delete unnecessary files quickly.
- take care of web browser caches.
- manage programs and tasks launched at PC startup.
- cleanly uninstall unused programs and software.