How to make a homemade mask for oily hair?
Do you have oily hair and are looking for natural tips to have less greasy hair? A few homemade shampoos and masks can be made easily at home.
So, are you tired of oily hair? Here are my best homemade mask recipes to naturally treat your oily hair!
1. Mask for oily hair based on clay
Clay is an excellent natural ingredient to control and reduce oily hair. Here’s how to make this first oily hair mask recipe:
- In a bowl filled with lukewarm water add 6 tablespoons of powdered green clay.
- Mix well until a “sort” of paste forms and add 5 drops of Tea Tree essential oil.
- Then add 2 teaspoons of black cumin oil, mix well and apply all over the hair.
- Massage your hair to spread the mixture well from root to tip and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the hair, make a mild shampoo and finish with a rinse with lukewarm or better cold water.
Remember to let your hair air dry so you don’t damage it with the rubbing of a towel or the heat of a hair dryer.
2. Mask recipe for oily hair with baking soda
Another very popular ingredient in our homes and VERY used for different grandmother’s recipes is baking soda.
Here’s how to make this 2nd oily hair mask:
- Add and mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda in a glass of hot water and let cool.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil and 5 drops of tea tree essential oil and mix well.
- Rinse the hair and apply the mask and leave on the hair for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and finish with a mild shampoo or shampoo suitable for oily hair.
You can also add a little green clay to this recipe to fight oily hair even more effectively.
3. Homemade recipe for oily hair with egg and lemon
Eggs are often used to make homemade hair masks like in this next “grey hair special” recipe:
- Mix 1 egg yolk with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of organic honey.
- Add a trickle of warm water, mix and apply the mask at the level of the hairline.
- Gently massage the scalp to extend the mask well and leave to act for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse hair in the shower, shampoo and let hair air dry.
4. Mask for oily hair with yogurt and essential oil
Here is a last homemade recipe for oily hair that I personally tested a few weeks ago and the result is surprising!
- In a bowl mix 1 cup of plain yogurt with 10 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Apply the mask mainly at the hairline and massage gently.
- Leave the mask on for 15 minutes, rinse and wash with a mild shampoo to finish.
You can also add a little aloe vera to the recipe to make it even more effective against oily hair.