How to make a homemade toilet product?
A clean, stain-free toilet bowl that smells good is possible with some natural toilet products.
At home, we like to try out different tips and tricks, so here are some recipe ideas for making your own homemade and natural toilet cleaner.
1. Homemade toilet cleaner spray with white vinegar
I cannot start this article with any natural product other than white vinegar. White vinegar is a great natural bathroom cleaner.
Here’s what you need to make this toilet cleaner recipe:
- 400ml pure white vinegar
- 600ml water
- 15 drops of mint or lemon essential oil
Add all ingredients to a spray bottle, mix well and spray the cleaning solution into the toilet bowl, let sit and rinse. Remember to mix well (shake the bottle) before use.
2. Make a toilet cleaner with baking soda
Another product that I use a lot around the house when it comes to cleaning is baking soda.
So here is another easy DIY toilet cleaner recipe.
- Flush the toilet to thoroughly wet the sides of the bowl.
- Then sprinkle baking soda on the walls.
- Leave to act for a few minutes, scrub the bowl and flush the toilet again to rinse.
This cleaner is effective in removing very stubborn toilet stains. However, be careful not to damage and scratch the toilet, as baking soda can be abrasive.
3. Make a homemade and natural toilet cleaning gel
If you prefer a toilet product in gel form then this next recipe is the best solution for you.
Here is how to make this toilet cleaning gel:
- In a saucepan add 2 cups of water and 5 tablespoons of cornstarch (starch).
- Heat and mix constantly until the mixture thickens, then add 300 ml of white vinegar and mix.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool and then add 20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil (for a good smell in the toilet)
- Pour the solution into a bottle with a spout (or make a hole in the cap) and pour the cleaner on the walls of the toilet.
You can use other essential oils for this trick such as essential oil of lemon or mint.
4. Another homemade toilet cleaning gel recipe
Here is a final homemade toilet cleaner recipe that is easy to make using a few ingredients including vinegar and liquid black soap.
- Pour 1 cup of white vinegar into a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of black soap.
- Then add 3/4 cup of hot water, mix well and let cool for ten minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a bottle (with spout type tip) and pour the cleaner down the toilet.
- Leave to act on the walls, rub with a brush and rinse to complete the cleaning.
Remember to shake and mix the mixture before each use. You can also add 10 drops of mint or eucalyptus essential oil for a toilet that always smells great!