How to make a natural disinfectant spray?
Although there are a multitude of cleaning and disinfectant products in store, I like to make my own products!
So here are some of the best recipes for making a homemade, natural disinfectant with easy-to-find ingredients.
1. Which natural products to make a homemade disinfectant spray?
Before moving on to the 3 recipes for homemade cleaners and disinfectants, I offer you a list of the main natural ingredients to always have at home.
So to clean and disinfect naturally you often need:
- White vinegar
- baking soda
- oxygenated water
- 70° alcohol
- Essential oil
- soda crystals, etc.
If you are looking for a cleaning product instead, then this article offers you the best natural products to use: How to make a homemade all-purpose cleaner?
2. Recipe for a homemade cleaner and disinfectant
Here is a first simple and quick recipe to make your own disinfectant product to disinfect surfaces in the house.
- Add 3/4 white vinegar and 1/4 70° alcohol to a spray-type bottle.
- Spray the disinfectant spray on the surfaces, leave to act for a few moments and wipe with a cloth.
You can use this disinfectant spray on these surfaces:
- door handles
- The toilet flush
- kitchen counters
- The kitchen cabinets
- computer mouse and keyboard,etc.
3. Disinfectant with vinegar, baking soda and essential oil
Another even more effective recipe for disinfecting surfaces in the house consists of baking soda, white vinegar and essential oil.
Here’s how to make this natural disinfectant:
- In a bottle add 1 cup of white vinegar and 1 1/2 of warm-hot water.
- Also add 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 3 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Spray all surfaces to be disinfected and wipe with a microfiber cloth to finish.
4. Homemade disinfectant with vinegar and hydrogen peroxide
Another homemade and 100% natural disinfectant recipe that will replace your disinfectant products at home is the following:
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to a bowl and slowly add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Wait until the solution no longer foams and add 2 teaspoons of 70° alcohol.
- Add 4 drops of lemon or tea tree essential oil and mix well (the solution will foam again).
You can use this natural disinfectant product to disinfect all surfaces including household handles and switches.
5. Bleach as a homemade disinfectant
Of course a product that our grandmothers used a lot to disinfect surfaces in a house is bleach.
Although bleach is still widely used, I do not recommend its use as a home disinfectant.
Indeed, bleach is a very harmful product for health, but also very harmful for the environment.
Replace bleach with natural solutions:
If you are looking for a list of natural products that can be used instead of bleach, come and read this article: How to replace bleach at home?