How to successfully brush your hair? Blow-drying yourself at home is so much cheaper and more convenient than going to the salon.
With the right accessories and the right products, you can absolutely achieve a nice blow-dry. So here are some tips and accessories for success and brushing.
1. Accessories for a perfect brushing
To succeed and blow-dry yourself on curly, straight hair or even on short hair, it is important to have the right accessories and devices.
- The hairdryer: Look for a model with at least 1800 watts and with multiple heat and airflow settings.
- Spout (removable tip of the hair dryer): It is essential for a smooth brushing and prevents the hair from getting too close to the heat source.
- round hair brush: the brush will be used to smooth the strands of hair, to curve the ends or to create waves. A little time-saving tip: the larger the surface area of a brush, the faster the drying time. Brushes with vents also reduce drying time.
- Hair clip: it keeps the strands of hair separated to facilitate the drying of long and thick hair, or when you want to work a section at a time.
- Streamer: It is the crucial accessory for the creation of soft and well-defined curls. Look for a diffuser with a concave design in the middle (not flat). This allows the curls to rest inside and take on a natural shape.
- Straightener: To finish your brushing and give movement to your hair, use a straightener. It will also help eliminate frizz. On the other hand, it is important to choose a quality straightener.
If you don’t have the right accessories, it will be difficult to blow-dry perfectly and quickly. 10-Trucs offers you below a round brush, a hair dryer and a straightener to help you blow-dry.
A blower brush:
Babyliss blower brush
- 1000 watt brush for quick drying and brushing.
- Dries, detangles and adds volume to the hair.
- Anti-frizz brush for smooth and shiny hair.
A hair dryer:
2. Products for smooth brushing
Now that you know the accessories and devices to have at home, here are the essential styling products for blow-drying straight hair.
- Mousse: If you want to add volume to your hair, first apply a volumizing mousse.
- Styling cream: To smooth and soften dry or damaged hair, apply a styling and shine cream before and after drying.
- hair spray: To set the style, use a moisture-wicking hairspray all over the hair after drying.
3. Products for a successful brushing on curly hair
Whether you have curly hair naturally or not, here are 2 products to have at home for a successful brushing on curly hair.
- Conditioner: Start by applying a creamy leave-in conditioner to lock in moisture while you dry them.
- Styling gel: Use gel to define curls and help set them in place. A styling gel also prevents unwanted frizz.
So if you want to make a perfect and smooth brushing here are the steps to succeed every time:
- After toweling your wet hair, set the heat on your dryer to medium. Dry the hair until it is 80% dry.
- Gather the hair on top of your head and secure it with a clip.
- Start drying the lower layers with a round brush, increasing the heat. Point the dryer nozzle downward to smooth hair and add shine.
- Remove the clamp and use it to hold the now dry lower layers.
- Dry the top section. Emphasize the roots to add volume, then work towards the ends using the round brush to pull the hair forward and out.
- Remove the clip and send all your hair backwards. Part and dry the hair around the forehead.
- To curl the ends, wrap them with a round brush, heat blow them and set them with cold air.
- For a straight finish, pull the brush as the drying ends. Apply styling cream or hairspray.
Do you have naturally curly hair and also want the perfect blow-dry? Here are the steps to blow-dry curly hair easily:
- After applying leave-in conditioner to damp locks, send most of your hair to the side.
- Using your fingers, work the gel into four easy-to-manage parts, from roots to ends, distributing it evenly around your head.
- Set your dryer to medium heat and medium speed. Place the diffuser just at the level of the roots, starting at the nape of the neck.
- Hold the ends away from the dryer allowing them to dry naturally. Move the diffuser around until all the roots are dry.
- Place a pea-sized drop of ointment in your palm and rub your hands together.
- Run your hands through your hair, from roots to ends. Then let the curls fall.
For those who wish to have beautiful curly hair, this article is the solution: Trick for curling hair.
No need to take forever to achieve a beautiful brushing. You can do a stylish brushing with a straightener after pre-drying your hair.
Indeed, a brushing will be easier to achieve and hold better if you start by pre-drying, at medium heat.
- Start by applying the product designed for the desired blow-dry style (straight or curly), then blow-dry your hair upside down, until the moisture is almost gone.
- Then, brush your hair using a flat or round brush with thick bristles.
- Then, using a straightener, bring the finishing touches to your brushing.
- Finish with the application of a lacquer to fix your hair well.
The best way to blow-dry short hair is also the easiest:
- We start by applying a product designed for your hair type, and with the hair still damp, wrap each strand around the round brush.
- Then, we smooth the hair from the root to the tips, accompanying the movement with the hair dryer.
- We finish with the application of a hairspray.
For those who want more volume in their hair, Velcro rollers are a great way to lift and curl your hair the natural way.
- Focusing on the top layers, especially for thick hair, separate the different sections and place the roller at the roots under your hair.
- Pull the roller along the hair and when you reach the ends, roll it under the scalp.
- Attach the roller to your head and spray it with hairspray. Once you’ve attached all the rollers, apply a final spray of hairspray and heat your hair with the dryer on a low setting.
- Once your hair is completely dry, remove the rollers and shake the hair gently while avoiding getting your fingers through the curls as this can make them frizzy.
- Set your hair to finish blow-drying and add some hairspray.
If you want to learn step by step how to do a real blow-dry at home yourself, then this video is the answer!
Thanks to Sananas for this great video!