How to make glass and window cleaner?
Making your own glass cleaner has many advantages, including saving money and especially controlling the list of ingredients!
So here are some of my best quick and easy homemade window cleaner recipes.
1. Glass cleaner recipe with vinegar and alcohol
Here is a first recipe for a white vinegar-based cleaning spray to wash and shine the windows and windows of the house:
- Pour into a bottle 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1/4 cup of alcohol at 90°.
- Then add 1 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch and mix.
- Finish by adding 2 cups of water to the bottle.
To make your glass cleaner more pleasant and fragrant, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. You can also use this recipe to clean your car windows without leaving streaks.
2. Make a glass cleaner with baking soda
Another super effective product for cleaning stains and dirt is baking soda, so why not use it to make your own window cleaner?
Here are the ingredients for this homemade cleanser recipe:
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 5 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil
- 1/2 cup of water
Add the water and all the other ingredients to a « spray » bottle and stir the mixture well to completely dissolve the baking soda.
You can use this cleaner to clean windows, mirrors and all other glass surfaces around the house.
3. Make glass cleaner with lemon juice
A simple, quick and easy trick to make your homemade window cleaner is to simply use lemon juice.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and 1/2 cup of lemon juice to a bottle or bowl.
- Mix well, spray the cleaning solution on the glass and rub the surface with a cloth.
You can also use a « ball » of newspaper to scrub and clean the glass with this cleaner.
4. Make a glass cleaner with black soap
Black soap in liquid form can also be used as an ingredient to make your natural glass cleaner.
Here is an easy recipe to make and try at home:
- Pour 3 cups of very hot water into a bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of liquid black soap and 15 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Mix well to make the solution homogeneous and allow to cool before use.
The advantage of this homemade cleaner is that it cleans glass and windows without leaving a trace on the glass surface.
5. Which natural products to clean windows?
For those who would like to try other homemade glass and window cleaner recipes, here is a list of ingredients and products that you can use to make your homemade window cleaners:
- white vinegar
- alcohol at 90° / 70°
- lemon juice
- baking soda
- liquid black soap
- Meudon white
- Marseille soap
- tea tree and lemongrass essential oil
- rubbing alcohol
- dishwashing liquid