How to make saline water for the nose?
Having a stuffy nose or even having a runny nose is not pleasant, quite the contrary! Sinus irrigation therefore becomes an excellent solution to solve this stuffy nose problem.
10-Trucs presents the best homemade saline water recipe below. An easy recipe to make at home with a few basic ingredients.
1. Make saline water with baking soda and salt
A first effective recipe and undoubtedly one of the most effective for cleaning and decongesting the nose is the following:
- Boil 4 cups of water in a saucepan and allow to cool.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to the water and 2 teaspoons of salt and dissolve.
- Pour the solution into an airtight glass container and store in the refrigerator. (stores easily for 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator)
When you’re ready to use this saline water, just take it out of the fridge and wait for it to come to room temperature.
You can share this saline water trick as a picture:
This saline solution recipe is effective for the whole family from baby to the oldest of the family. As this solution can be kept for up to a week in the refrigerator, take the opportunity to double the recipe to avoid having to make it every day.
For other tips and tricks for cleaning the nose, I invite you to read this article: How to clear your nose quickly?
Now that you know how to make a saline solution for the nose here are the steps to use it well at home!
- Stand in front of the sink or kitchen sink.
- Irrigate one nostril at a time by tilting the head slightly in the opposite direction of the nostril.
- Breathe through your mouth during the process and repeat as needed.
- Once the nostril is well cleaned, the second nostril is irrigated.
Do not forget to blow your nose after cleaning each nostril to prevent the solution from remaining in the nostril or worse clogging the ears.
If you still have a runny nose, I invite you to read these other tips and tricks: Stop the runny nose.
3. Use saline water to clean wounds
If you are instead looking for a saline water recipe to clean a wound or scratch then here it is:
- Add 1 cup of cold water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a saucepan.
- Put the lid on the saucepan and boil for ten minutes.
- Let cool and place in an airtight container to disinfect the wound when needed.