How to make the faucet shine? We wash our hands, we brush our teeth and dirt and soap residue unfortunately settle everywhere on the faucets. Over time the fittings lose all their luster and shine!
10-Trucs presents you today some tips and tricks to make the faucets shine. Happy cleaning!
1. Descale and shine the taps with a lemon
The first tip that will help you clean, descale and shine bathroom faucets is lemon.
Here’s how to do this cleaning trick:
- Scrub your faucets with a cloth or sponge soaked in lemon juice.
- Leave to act on the faucets for a few minutes and rinse to finish.
You can also use half a lemon to scrub and shine the fittings.
2. Clean faucets with flour
Remove stains and dirt from the fittings with flour! And yes, did you know that flour could be useful for cleaning and polishing faucets and chrome?
Super easy to do:
- Sprinkle flour on a dry cloth and rub the fittings.
- Rinse with a damp cloth to finish.
The flour will get rid of all the small stains and dirt stuck on the chrome faucets.
3. Descale the taps with baking soda
If the faucet in the bathroom and the faucet in the shower are full of limestone, an effective solution is to use baking soda.
Indeed, baking soda is very effective in removing limescale stains on different surfaces, including faucets. Here’s how:
- Dampen a sponge or cloth with warm water and sprinkle with baking soda.
- Scrub the taps, insisting on traces of limescale.
- Rinse and dry to finish.
You can also combine baking soda with Epsom salt and liquid dish soap to remove hard water and lime stains from faucets.
4. Shine a stainless steel faucet with vinegar
The kitchen sink and the stainless steel faucet are very dirty? So why not use a 100% natural cleaning product that we all have at home?
The vinegar! And yes, white vinegar is a natural and effective cleaner for cleaning a multitude of surfaces at home, including faucets.
- Pour white vinegar on a brush and scrub the stainless steel faucet and the entire sink.
- Rinse afterwards to complete the cleaning.
For more stubborn and deeply embedded stains add a little baking soda to the mixture.
Also useful for cleaning the bathroom sink:
Indeed, vinegar is also effective for cleaning the sink as you can read in this article: How to clean a sink naturally?
White vinegar is also effective for cleaning a copper faucet. Here is a little homemade recipe for descaling a copper faucet:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of table salt with white vinegar in a bowl.
- Soak a sponge in this solution and rub the faucet to remove all limescale residue.
- Rinse and dry with a soft, dry cloth to shine the copper.
6. Scrub the fittings with ammonia
Another product you can use to make bathroom faucets shine is ammonia.
Simple and quick here is how to use this product:
- Pour a little ammonia on a cloth or sponge and rub the fittings.
- Rinse and dry with a microfiber cloth to shine the faucet.
You can also use a toothbrush soaked in ammonia for the small corners of the fittings.
7. Use glass cleaner
Another trick to make bathroom and kitchen faucets shine is to use glass cleaner. Indeed, the glass cleaner allows to clean the surface and make the taps shiny.
Just spray glass cleaner on the faucet and wipe with a cloth.
If you need to remove more stubborn stains such as limestone for example, it is better to use vinegar or the trick of baking soda.
Now that the bathroom fittings are shining again, how about making the bathtub shine? Here is an article about it: How to clean an acrylic bathtub?