How to make your dishwashing liquid yourself?
Make your own dishwashing liquid to wash your dishes ecologically by hand, it’s possible. We tested at home some effective recipes and above all that really foam.
So here are some of my favorite easy-to-make homemade dish soap recipes..
1. A dish soap with Marseille soap
Before presenting the different recipes for homemade dishwashing liquid, I must tell you about Marseille soap. Indeed, did you know that Marseille soap used alone can naturally wash dishes very well?
Cleaning and degreasing power, ideal for washing dishes!
- Soak a brush in hot water and rub in the Marseille soap.
- Then scrub and clean the dishes, rinse and dry to finish.
For the Marseille soap to lather well (like real dishwashing liquid), always use a dishwashing brush and not a cloth or sponge.
2. Homemade and natural dishwashing liquid recipe
If you want to make a dishwashing liquid that really foams and above all that washes the dishes very well then this first recipe is the best!
- Pour 2 cups of hot water into a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of Marseille soap (in shavings).
- Using a blender (mixer), mix well to dissolve the Marseille soap flakes in the hot water.
- Add 1 cup of liquid black soap and 3 tablespoons of baking soda and mix well.
- Pour into a bottle and store under the kitchen sink for several days and weeks.
In addition to being natural, ecological and economical, this homemade dishwashing liquid will make your dishes shine thanks to its cleaning, degreasing and foaming power!
3. Make dishwashing liquid with baking soda and soap
Natural products are becoming more and more popular in our homes and this next dishwashing liquid recipe is no exception to this rule.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda to a jar (or bottle).
- Add neutral liquid soap to 1/4 of the container (castile style soap) and fill the rest with water.
- Add 10 to 15 drops of lemon essential oil depending on the size of the bottle used and mix well.
In addition to being used to make homemade dishwashing liquid, you can use the neutral soap to make shampoos, cleansing gels, and even toothpaste.
- Natural and fragrance-free neutral soap.
- For the natural maintenance of the house.
- Also for skin and hair care.
4. Recipe for washing up liquid with white vinegar
To wash very dirty and dirty dishes by hand, this next homemade dishwashing liquid recipe is the solution. Here’s how to do it:
- Pour 1 liter of « very » hot water into a bowl and add 50 g of Marseille soap in shavings or grated.
- Mix well to dissolve the soap shavings and then add 1 tablespoon of soda crystals (wear gloves to protect your hands).
- Then add 3 tablespoons of white vinegar, mix well and let the liquid sit for 3-6 hours.
If you wish, you can also add 10 to 20 drops of grapefruit essential oil which has a degreasing power in addition to giving off a good smell.