How to make your eyes deflate quickly?
Do you sometimes wake up in the morning with puffy eyes and eyelids? Fatigue, stress, old age, grief… There are many possible causes of puffy eyes.
It happened to me recently to have very swollen eyelids. So here are my best tips and tricks for depuffing your eyes fast.
1. Deflate his eyes with cold water
A first effective and natural trick to deflate the eyes quickly is cold water.
As you will discover in this article, the cold is an excellent ally to deflate the eyes and eyelids in addition to restoring radiance to your eyes and your face.
Here is how to deflate your eyes with cold water:
- Soak two small towels in cold water (add a little blueberry essence for better results).
- Then wring out the towels and place them in a small bag in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Once very cold (not frozen, only cold), place the compresses on the eyes and eyelids for 2 or 3 minutes.
The cold will soothe your eyes and help deflate the eyelids and illuminate your face. You can also use cornflower floral water to decongest the eye area. Ideal if you have tired, puffy and red eyes.
Cornflower floral water, So’Bio Étic
- Soothes tired eyes and puffy eyelids
- Naturally decongests and soothes the eyes.
- Apply morning and evening to the eye contour.
2. Ice cubes and cold teaspoons on the eyes
To continue in the same direction of tip #1, an ice cube or a cold spoon gently applied to the eyelids can help to deflate the eyes quickly.
- Place 2 teaspoons in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Then apply them on the eyes for a few minutes and repeat to thoroughly depuff the eyes.
- You can also wrap an ice cube in a towel and apply it to the eye and eyelid.
It is very important never to apply an ice cube directly to the skin and the eye area. Always wrap it in a small towel before applying it to the eyelid.
3. Cucumber slices to depuff the eyes
A grandmother’s recipe that remains a must for relieving puffy eyes and eyelids is cucumber. This is a really effective natural trick if you have tired eyes. To do this you need:
- Cut slices from a large cucumber and apply them to the eyes.
- Let the cucumber slices act for 15 to 20 minutes.
It is important to repeat this grandmother’s remedy at least once or twice every week or as needed, depending on your state of fatigue.
4. A tea bag to depuff his eyes
As surprising as it may seem, the tea bag is another grandmother’s remedy that works quite well to deflate the upper eyelids and brighten the look quickly.
Two solutions are available to you to succeed in this trick:
- Place two green tea bags in a small bowl of water in the refrigerator.
- Brew the tea bags and let cool in the fridge.
The next morning, place the two cold tea bags over your eyes for 5-10 minutes. If your eyes are very puffy and dark circles, these tea bags will do your eyes a lot of good.
5. A decongestant eye mask
Why spend on the purchase of a beauty mask for the eyes when it is possible to make your own homemade decongestant mask recipe?
Here’s how to make this mask for puffy eyes:
- Add two tablespoons of cucumber puree to a jar.
- Add a teaspoon of powdered milk.
- Add a teaspoon of blueberry water.
- Apply the mixture to the contour of your eyes and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse eyes well to finish and repeat 1 or 2 times a week for good results.
6. Massage the eye area
Did you know that eye massage can greatly help reduce swelling in the upper eyelids and upper face?
Simply pat lightly around the eyes and eyelids with your fingertips. The fluids accumulated around the eyes will disappear and your eyes will be less puffy and dark circles.
Here is a set of rollers and small accessories to massage the eye contour and the whole face:
- To deeply massage the face.
- Ideal for the eye area.
- Helps reduce facial tension.
7. Potatoes on the eyes
A simple and above all very quick little grandmother’s trick is to use potato slices. Exactly like the cucumber slices trick just follow these steps:
- Cut thin slices of white potato.
- Apply a slice to both of your eyes.
- Leave the potato on for 5-10 minutes.
Puffiness under the eyes will greatly diminish thanks to this natural trick!
8. Drink plenty of water every day
Drinking plenty of water is important for overall health, but did you know it’s also important for preventing fluid retention in the eyes?
Indeed, a good hydration makes it possible to make disappear or rather to prevent the appearance of the edema goshawks of the eyes. So drink plenty of water every day for your health and to avoid puffy eyes!
9. Use concealer to camouflage
As a final tip against puffy eyes why not just use concealer? It is not a question here of deflating his eyes, but rather of camouflaging swellings and puffiness temporarily and especially quickly.
Camouflage the swelling with a concealer!
The concealer will help camouflage the relief of the swelling and its sometimes red or brown color. As it is sometimes impossible to quickly remove the swelling of the eyes and eyelids, the concealer remains a good solution to hide everything.