How to moisturize your hands naturally?
Having dry, rough and cracked hands isn’t very pleasant, is it? If your hands are really very dry, it is important to moisturize them well!
I personally have very dry hands, especially in winter, so here are my best tips for moisturizing your hands naturally.
1. How to properly moisturize your hands?
Before moving on to tips and remedies to moisturize your hands naturally, it is important to take care of your hands daily.
It is therefore interesting to get into the habit of moisturizing your hands every day or at least a few times a week. If you have very dry hands you can even do it several times a day, especially in winter when the days are getting colder and colder.
I have very dry and damaged hands!
If your hands are really very dry, cracked and damaged, applying a repairing cream as a first resort is an excellent idea. Here is an excellent quality hand cream:
Cream for dry skin
- For very dry and damaged hands.
- Restores softness and suppleness to the hands.
- For hand care only.
2. Grandma’s remedy for very dry hands
A grandmother’s recipe that works really well to stop having dry and rough hands is the one based on oil and egg.
Here is how to make this remedy:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1 egg yolk.
- Apply and massage dry hands with this mixture.
- Leave the mixture on the hands for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse and let hands air dry.
Even easier, you can simply coat your hands with olive oil and cover them with a cotton glove overnight. The next morning your hands will be soft and well hydrated, naturally!
3. Recipe to hydrate dry hands naturally
You like to test grandmother’s recipes, so here’s another one to do to moisturize your hands naturally using 3 natural ingredients.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe:
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax.
- 1 tablespoon of shea butter.
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil.
Now, here’s how to prepare this recipe for dry hands:
- Melt the beeswax in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Then add the shea butter and remove from the heat.
- Add the sweet almond oil, mix again and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, apply the mixture to your hands to moisturize them well.
4. Moisturize dry hands naturally with honey
Another grandma’s trick to soothe and moisturize very dry hands is to use two ingredients: honey and apple cider vinegar.
Here’s how to do this natural trick:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of honey with a little warm water.
- Mix until it becomes a kind of cream and add 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Mix everything well again and apply the mixture on your hands.
- Wait 5 to 10 minutes, rinse and apply a good moisturizer.
Here is a moisturizer that you can apply on your hands after this trick:
- Ideal for relieving dry hands.
- Softness, flexibility and comfort of the hands.
- Cream with argan oil and camellia oil.
5. A homemade scrub for dry hands
Once a week or when you feel the need, it can be interesting to exfoliate your hands. In fact, you should always clean your hands before using any hand moisturizer.
Here is a homemade hand scrub recipe:
- Mix in a bowl 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of coarse salt.
- Apply the mixture directly to your hands and gently rub the inside and outside of them.
- Rinse, dry and apply a moisturizer or olive oil to finish.
6. Do a hand bath
We like foot baths so why not make a hand bath to make them less dry quickly?
- Fill a basin with lukewarm hot water and add lemon slices.
- Soak your hands in the bath for ten minutes.
- Pat dry and apply hand moisturizer to finish.
You can also add a few drops of olive oil and even lavender essential oil to give your hands a fragrant and comfortable treatment.
7. Tips to stop having dry and damaged hands
Now that you know all of my top tips and tricks for moisturizing hands naturally, here are some handy tips for preventing dry hands.
- Protect your hands from the cold: The cold is particularly harmful for the skin and the hands. Protect them from the cold by wearing gloves.
- Apply moisturizer: If you often have very dry hands then the solution is to apply a good moisturizing hand cream daily. Choose a more nourishing moisturizer with a oilier texture for the night and a lighter cream for the day.
- Protecting hands during household chores: When you wash the dishes by hand, wear dishwashing gloves to protect your hands, the same goes for cleaning the house.